Race harness and ECU yamaha yzf r6 2006

DeanR6

Looking for a Race harness and ECU for a Yamaha YZF R6R 2006 (New Shape), does anyone have experience on this?

Lost my keys when moving house so I called a couple of dealers and it turns out that its going to cost $2200 for ignition and ECU etc!!!

Help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Dean

rbod88

You know you can hotwire a switch into your ignition and remove the ignition barrel for about $2.50

rbod88

The only think im not to sure about is the immobilzer. My R6 has a american spec ecu and harness so no immobilizer. Im just not sure that if You remove the ignition barrel it's going to mess up the ecu because the ecu looks for the immobilzer. Look on the r6 forum they usually have good info on this stuff. You could always purchase an american spec exu and harness for about $300 and then I know for sure it will work as that is what I did. Also i could do it for you but I live in Calgary so it would be a trip for you

DeanR6

Hi lads, thanks for all the replies. I appreciate it for sure.

rbod88 I've checked eBay and I've seen a YEC harness but no YEC ECU to go with it as the standard ECU isn't compatible. I messaged the guy and he's on the hunt for one.

tcasey87 I called the locksmith guy..he can't get a key for my bike yet, but he's waiting for equipment to be able to do it in a year or so.

S-african I've checked the woodcraft wire mod but its only for USA models only, it could work if I re-flash the ECU to disable the immobilizer.

Now I need to find someone who can re-flash ECU'S lol.

Goatse

Best bang for buck for re-flash... all posting in Canada, paid in CAD$$$

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-motorcycle-p...ecu-flash-2006-2015-r6-2007-2014-r1/385266896

He's a good guy, but to be able to do it for that price he's using an old interface with an old version of the Flash Tune software. The old "Gold Boxes" allowed unlimited flashes, but the newer Datalinks are smart enough to not let that happen. Each bike/ECU needs its own licence. So using the old software (offline) and not allowing his to update, he can use the old interface. But that means none of the new updates will be possible with his tunes. FT ECU is continuously coming out with new features and the old version will not be able to get those.

One single licence is $100 (USD) or you can get 3 licences for $255.

https://ftecu.com/shop/ft-ecu-license-3-pack/
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Goatse

S-african I've checked the woodcraft wire mod but its only for USA models only, it could work if I re-flash the ECU to disable the immobilizer.

This will work once we flash your ECU.

I kept the key on my R1, but I'll be removing it because the ignition tumbler makes it so I cant tighten my clipon clamps, so I'm going to remove it and run the snazzy Woodcraft switch. I've been running a simple toggle switch on my R6 for a couple years now.