The 2018 Race Numbers Thread

blam

Administrator
WIth the introduction of Motorsports Reg, we are no longer taking number reservations.
Retiring racers, please let us know if you plan to retire your number so we can put it back in the pool.
All returning racers, your number is held in the system until the Monday following round 1.

In order to reserve your race number for the year, you must purchase your membership and race license PRIOR to round 1. All unclaimed numbers will be released the Monday after round 1.

Membership and License purchases will open on January 1st.

If you would like to see what numbers are available, the current rider directory can be found here:
http://www.emra.ca/racers/rider-directory
Motorsportsreg will also tell you if the number you want is taken when you register.

New racers, some things to consider:
- Number placement - please consider this when picking a number. 3 digit numbers are not easy to put on a bike. this said, there are not many single and double digits left.
- #1 cannot be reserved and is held for the returning superbike champion and blue plate.
- numbers are sacred to some, and racers are notoriously bad for procrastinating. Be kind and take consideration before sniping someone else's number after round 1.
-in order to reserve a race number, you must purchase a race license.

Released Numbers:
RED

Last edited:

DEFBOY35

Also. If you are planning on changing your number please do so as early as possible and then post here that your old number has been released so that someone else who may have wanted that number can take it.

blam

Administrator
Jeremy,

I will release 101 as soon as your registration comes in (after the 1st of jan)

Sk8sloppy

I have registered on Motosports Reg. How do I secure my number? Id like 98 Red for novice class please.

blam

Administrator
pretty sure that's taken, off the top of my head.

you have to purchase a race license in Motorsport reg in order to reserve a race number

Sk8sloppy

On Motorsport Reg i have an EMRA membership but I can't figure out how to buy the Race License. The number is not taken in the riders directory. If it is thats okay too.

blam

Administrator
On Motorsport Reg i have an EMRA membership but I can't figure out how to buy the Race License. The number is not taken in the riders directory. If it is thats okay too.
you purchase it the same way you purchase your annual membership.

have you taken a race school? if not, you will need one before we grant you a novice race license.

Sk8sloppy

you purchase it the same way you purchase your annual membership.

have you taken a race school? if not, you will need one before we grant you a novice race license.
I signed up for race school. Do I need to do that before I can purchase my race license?

blam

Administrator
you can reserve your race number if you buy your novice license. if you fail, you keep your number, but dont get to race. just dont fail ;)

Snak

EMRA Executive Member
Just remember, you can't win race school :p. Save the fast laps for qualifying and you will be fine.

budoka

Brian, I've paid my membership fees and want to reserve a number but how do I go about it? I have no written receipt, only my credit card account charge on the membership. I did get an email notification a couple months ago though.
*edit: Found a receipt on my MotorReg account for the membership and Novice license
Daryl

Last edited:

blam

Administrator
Hey Daryl,

your number is good to go. once you pay for your license its yours (as long as it lets you take the number that is.)