yeah i know another bike question....

fonzy

ive sold everything except my trusty 749 , so off i go! my question is about side covers again, being a dry clutch bike and that the other side has nothing but a water neck , what do i need to do? woodcraft only list this http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=17871

which dosent seem to be any diffrent than my speedy moto one other than the slider maybe?

once again just really dont want to drive 6 hours to be turned away thanks:D

YZF1000jon

I'll let Juan confirm, but the clutch cover protects the clutch and in your case has little to do with oil on the track. A set of frame savers off fleabay may be all that's available to you as the v-twin is narrow like the SV and doesn't have an exposed case that will contact the ground with a tipover.

fonzy

I'll let Juan confirm, but the clutch cover protects the clutch and in your case has little to do with oil on the track. A set of frame savers off fleabay may be all that's available to you as the v-twin is narrow like the SV and doesn't have an exposed case that will contact the ground with a tipover.

still no word from juan on this , i hope im good to go , cause race tires are on bolts are drilled, race bodywork being painted, im so there :cool:

YZF1000jon

Bout damn time!;) There's a Vicious Cycle track night thursday night, and a track attack night monday night after the race weekend, how many laps do you want to do?

fonzy

Bout damn time!;) There's a Vicious Cycle track night thursday night, and a track attack night monday night after the race weekend, how many laps do you want to do?

funny Jon, i think the double header weekend will be enough for me for the time being:) as long as i pass tech:confused:

fonzy

Bright orange safety vest used as a warning to other riders. :p
ahhh i see , back in my car racing days we used a big orange triangle :cool:

ok so i have frame sliders, a dry clutch cover all bolts are wired up , catch cans in place will be silconing tonite , should be ok?

Juan42

Hey Steve,
I thought you were bringing up the KZ that we'd talked about....in any case. What Jon said makes sense to me also. As long as the bike doesn't pose an undue risk of oiling the track due to case cover damage, then it's not an issue.
See you on the weekend !
Juan

still no word from juan on this , i hope im good to go , cause race tires are on bolts are drilled, race bodywork being painted, im so there :cool:

Juan42

ahhh i see , back in my car racing days we used a big orange triangle :cool:

ok so i have frame sliders, a dry clutch cover all bolts are wired up , catch cans in place will be silconing tonite , should be ok?

Sounds like you're on the right track Steve. Be sure to check the rule book requirements for bike prep(section 5.2) and rider gear(Chapter 4) specifically noting the back protector reuirement which is new for 2010.
Juan

fonzy

Sounds like you're on the right track Steve. Be sure to check the rule book requirements for bike prep(section 5.2) and rider gear(Chapter 4) specifically noting the back protector reuirement which is new for 2010.
Juan

i ve had a back protector for a while is is needed for mini road racing also

fonzy

Hey Steve,
I thought you were bringing up the KZ that we'd talked about....in any case. What Jon said makes sense to me also. As long as the bike doesn't pose an undue risk of oiling the track due to case cover damage, then it's not an issue.
See you on the weekend !
Juan

i had planned on it , but the kz found a new home at last minute