Dyno Tuning - K7 GSXR750

Ducbert

I have is a full race exhaust with PCIII on it, with the map that came from Power Commander.

So I am hoping to squeeze a couple extra ponies outta the 750 for next year. With what I have, is it worth it?

If so, does anyone have any suggestions on where to take it to get a custom map and dyno tuning done?

Fireman

Go See doug at ronin. He makes magic come out of your tailpipe.

BTW. take that however you like.

Cinder

Gsxr-750 k8

I got my dyne done at echo
PcIII
K&n filter
R-55 yoshi slip-on
124 hp at rear (start the dyne at 117 hp)

If you want that map and start working around it,just pm me.

ronin26

125$ to tune at Echo. Includes before and after print outs. Ask for Chris.

I'm guessing thats to base test and re test after installing a downloaded map.

I build maps, every throttle position and engine rpm. You can have all the printouts you want.

ronin26

I got my dyne done at echo: cost me 325$
100$ base price
25$ per run to adjust (took 4 run)
+ tech time

That makes alot better sense. I don't know how you can get a good tune in "4 runs". What throttle position 100% only? That's the least important for ridability, the most important for pretty print outs.

It takes me around 3 hours. I start at 2% throttle and work my way up to 100% at all rpm. The result is best possible power at all throttle positions and engine rpm making a super smooth tune/power delivery.

You simply can't do this in "4 runs".

Planepower

That makes alot better sense. I don't know how you can get a good tune in "4 runs". What throttle position 100% only? That's the least important for ridability, the most important for pretty print outs.

It takes me around 3 hours. I start at 2% throttle and work my way up to 100% at all rpm. The result is best possible power at all throttle positions and engine rpm making a super smooth tune/power delivery.

You simply can't do this in "4 runs".

Agreed - ive heard horror stories about Echo dyno runs - beware.
Doug tunes bikes for a living, not just repairs. My bike is not only a monster, but the power is so tractable and seemless, makes it feel as though its electric.
Dont waste youre time going anywhere else - set an appointment and truck the bike down with a full tank and a spare jerry can. You wont be disappointed.

P.S. Scott calls it a 'cheater' lol

While I haven't had Doug do my own bike, I have had Echo do it. If you look at my sheet it took about 4 min. Lol, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they did one base run, DLnd a map off of dynojet's website and then a second for the print out. I can't even be sure the second print out is actually my bike. My vote goes to Doug, have heard nothing but great things about his work :)

ronin26

And sometimes around 6 .... ;-) still having nightmares over that one Doug? LOL

Still need to accept gas $$$ for that extra trip Mr.Fireman.. Thanks again Doug for finding the monster in an old dog :)

Remind me....................I've sorted a few ugly ones.

ronin26

Little 04Gixxer600 that came with a Kawi.... "that shit is broke" ring a bell? LOL

Hahahaha yep now I remember that was a strange one.

My epic quote of 2010 "that shit is broke" hahaha love it.

For those not privy to the inside joke, a part had come loose and almost fallen off on a customer’s bike on my dyno. The owner had just finished some work on a very important part. Nothing bad happened, but it could have been UGLY.

MyTTwin

Hahahaha yep now I remember that was a strange one.

My epic quote of 2010 "that shit is broke" hahaha love it.

For those not privy to the inside joke, a part had come loose and almost fallen off on a customer’s bike on my dyno. The owner had just finished some work on a very important part. Nothing bad happened, but it could have been UGLY.

And not only did two bikes get a great tune but you even had the part on hand from "the great wall of Doug parts" to repair...

Sorry to Jack this thread but had another "tuning" question. Is it required and/or recommended to have another map when switching to a stock exhaust for Mission/US tracks?

ronin26

And not only did two bikes get a great tune but you even had the part on hand from "the great wall of Doug parts" to repair...

Sorry to Jack this thread but had another "tuning" question. Is it required and/or recommended to have another map when switching to a stock exhaust for Mission/US tracks?

Recommended yes required no. It will run. I've built maps for a bunch of guys who went to Mission with their stock exhausts on their race exhaust maps, no complaints. For perfection two maps would be best.

sv-racing-parts

Dyno Tuning

:) Hi Doug, So what should someone bringing their bike to your dyno be expecting it to cost to do a custom map?

Thanks,
Blair