Pirelli tires WSBK

DMesher

When you guys head down into the US do you trailer your bikes down or do you have them transported and fly down to meet them?

Having made the Alberta/Montana/Midwest trip towing a trailer more than a few times at this time of year, it can be pretty dicey. Even the Edmonton-Vancouver US coastal route can be a gamble.

Sure would be nice to have my bike in California, just hate the though of getting it there during the winter.

Dean

We've done the coastal way a lot of times. Easy peasy. Just take it easy through Mt Shasta region and Grant's Pass in Oregon. If you make most of your travel during the day and not the evenings, it's even easier.

JDstealth

Is there any more info about what has changed from last to this year? Are the dots the same tire as last year?

devinedie

My understanding is that there are a myriad of compounds and profiles made available to the WSB paddock that we don't get in Canada, and that Kevin Graham the importer of Pirelli motorcycle race tires decides what limited options will be brought in for the market here. How about a SC1 with the present levels of stick that will last more than a session?

Spooner

So quick update from California. The new tires are going to be sweet. There has been changes to both the DOT's and the Slicks.

The feedback that we've been getting and personally seeing has been very good. Ie. SC1 slick rears with the same grip, yet three times better wear... :D

I'll keep in touch with our testing... We gots to go ride now. ;)
~Scott

Spooner

When you guys head down into the US do you trailer your bikes down or do you have them transported and fly down to meet them?

Having made the Alberta/Montana/Midwest trip towing a trailer more than a few times at this time of year, it can be pretty dicey. Even the Edmonton-Vancouver US coastal route can be a gamble.

Sure would be nice to have my bike in California, just hate the though of getting it there during the winter.

We have always just loaded the bikes into the trailer and drive striaght down the I-15. Weather was clear the whole way to Vegas.

~S

DMesher

Fantastic. Glad you had good weather, we've had two disasters trailering equipment from Edmonton to Reno in March. We now put them on a flatbed and pay to have them hauled annually.

Do you guys have access to and are testing all of the new Pirelli offerings (as described by Devin) or only the ones that will be available in Canada in 2013?

Waiting with baited breath for the on-track reviews...don't forget to keep track of the laptimes for each tire combination ;)

What track are you guys on - Streets of Willow?

Darel

Last edited:

Fireman

Fantastic. Glad you had good weather, we've had two disasters trailering equipment from Edmonton to Reno in March. We now put them on a flatbed and pay to have them hauled annually.

Do you guys have access to and are testing all of the new Pirelli offerings (as described by Devin) or only the ones that will be available in Canada in 2013?

Waiting with baited breath for the on-track reviews...don't forget to keep track of the laptimes for each tire combination ;)

What track are you guys on - Streets of Willow?

Darel

We are testing the tires that will be available in canada. These are the same tires that will be used for EMRA racing. Those are the tires that are relevant to us.

Devin, was Bohdi having issues with front end grip? I have never experienced a lack of grip form a front with less than 50 laps (or more even). Send me a PM, tell me some more.

Fireman

It has nothing to due with that completely stock bike that your riding, right ?;)

That sure doesn't hurt either John. It likes me ;)

Truth be told John, this is the most stock bike I have owned for awhile lol.

Last edited:

JDS

^^ For now. Id say there's a good possiblity the ower of the shop your at today talks U into another upgrade of some sort.

Never the less, im looking forward to seeing the new Pirelli's

Fireman

^^ For now. Id say there's a good possiblity the ower of the shop your at today talks U into another upgrade of some sort.

Never the less, im looking forward to seeing the new Pirelli's

You have got to go see Dan Kyles shop John. You would like it....till the visa spontaneously combusted!