Round 5, greasy?

DMesher

Darel, are you on the S1000RR? As an engineer I find telemetry really cool. Good on you for bringing it to the track. I think people just see it as an extra expense that really might not help out at the club level (or maybe as an extra advantage?).

Steve, I'm with you, although I've never had traction control or launch control or quickshift before. But I have fun.

Yes. The S1000RR with the BMW Race Data Logger. The bike has a CANBUS backbone and all of the ECU sensor data is available. 39 of the bike parameters logged 100 times a second and is GPS referenced.

As I said, I bought this system instead of building one. An occupational hazard as I'm an engineer as well.

It is always an interesting couple of hours going over the data after a race day.

I also have access to 3D survey grade mobile LiDAR technology (not mounted on a bike :) which allows data to be collected at highway speed to produce mm level 3D models of a circuit. But I think that would be an unfair advantage. LOL.

Omerta

Telemetry data in that much detail is cool, but probably not all that helpful until your leading at the expert level.

Slim

Yeah I have that system in my 2010 S1000RR, it has helped me win quite a few races down groat road so far this season.