Dion Device Brake Lever Guards

DEFBOY35

I am sorry to say that this group buy I was attempting to put together for the betterment of the club is no longer available.

Last edited:

YZF1000jon

Just because I'm too lazy to look it up, and in the interest of confusing things :D how do these mount on? Are they machine specific?

sand.man

I think Shane is crushing a box of chicken nuggets on his way to hockey so I'll respond, they clamp to your clipon bar, between your MC and throttle cable housing. It basically mounts like your master cylinder, extends forward beyond the brake lever (slightly above) and runs parallel with the lever.

3552263_300.jpg

YZF1000jon

I was looking at the Rizoma and Woodcraft ones and was thinking that unless you had an aftermarket bar like Vortex, they wouldn't work for everyone (the Rizoma ones are also 300 euros), but these should fit on stock style clip ons too.

YZF1000jon

Ahh I can't use these. The guard will hit my fairing stay way before full lock. :\

Something seems wrong about this, if there is only 2-ish inches from the brake lever to the guard, and the guard would hit the stay Way before full lock, it would seem that your brake lever would also hit the stay, a potentially dangerous situation.

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Something seems wrong about this, if there is only 2-ish inches from the brake lever to the guard, and the guard would hit the stay Way before full lock, it would seem that your brake lever would also hit the stay, a potentially dangerous situation.

At full lock, my brake lever comes about one inch from hitting my fairing stay. So if I added a lever guard like this that lays 2" further out, I'll have to adjust my bars or something because I would make contact before full steering lock.
As it sits now though, it's safe.

oldskool

The only time you can go full lock on a motorcycle is below 10kph, potentially dangerous for your paint job and your pride maybe.

If this is an issue, modify your steering stop. Drill a hole and thread a bolt to adjust it like a Ducati.

cSvat

Bear with me here, this may be a silly question.

Is this JUST the right hand guard? Or the set of left and right. I know other brands sell as a set of left + right (eg Woodcraft) that retail for well under $200.

Slim

The main reason I want this is because it in no way effects your hand positioning on the bar. Worth the little extra in my opinion.