Help! Need clutch basket holder tool

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
I'm installing a slipper clutch for Sunday and I've run into a big problem. From factory the clutch basket nut was punched into the key so badly that I can't punch it out. I could send pictures over text or email if you need them. Either way I'm trying to muscle the nut off with a wrench jammed in my swingarm. Yes I know this isnt the most efficient way of doing things but it's 12:30 and I'm trying to get this done ASAP.
Anyways, does anyone have a clutch basket holder tool? I'm hoping that It would give me better leverage as the wrench in my swingarm has a bit of give to it because it's wrapped in rags to prevent damage to my rim and swingarm.

Or if anyone has any other suggestions on how to help.

Also: I may be selling my spot sunday for the HardNox track day. Lol

M87

you can make your own clutch holder tool out of an old clutch plate.
Drill a couple of holes in it and attach a rod or have someone weld it.

yak

Hi Brian

I have a clutch basket holder and an electric impact gun that you can borrow.

Drop me a text.

RG07

Clutch holding tool

Try a penney between the drive gears of the clutch and and the primary shaft. Old school but it works.....
Unless you have it sorted already......

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Thanks guys I got it apart.

Now a bigger problem. I don't know which washers are supposed to come out with the stock setup and which parts are to remain in for the slipper clutch. I bought it used and the instructions are terrible. It basically says remove this washer unless you have one of those bikes that you don't have to remove it.

Yeah I'm pretty angry right now because I work all day tomorrow and need this for Sunday.

If anyone can figure this out with me I'm buying them beer.

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Got it sorted. Thanks guys.

The thrust washer stays in and the other two washers were springs for the adjustment of how strong it slips. So they weren't needed.
Since I bought it used and it was already put together I didn't see there was a different strength one inside