Next year

M87

Boy it's hard to slip anything by you Justin. :D
If there is going to be a national at Castrol next year, and hopefully there is, then anyone wishing to participate might want to make sure that their bike is not just legal under EMRA rules but under CSBK rules as well.
Most stuff looks the same but there are a few differences, for example my beloved 636 is not legal. Nor is any 600 making more than 118 hp legal for AM sport bike.
It would be a shame to be ready for that weekend and fail tech.
Thanks for pointing out the no change thing Ryno

sand.man

Bayne doesn't know about the changes they're making to the track this fall (winter?)

I don't think it's a for sure thing that the national round would happen on an EMRA weekend or be a totally separate event.

DEFBOY35

Bayne doesn't know about the changes they're making to the track this fall (winter?)

I don't think it's a for sure thing that the national round would happen on an EMRA weekend or be a totally separate event.

i couldnt see it being on an EMRA weekend. i would imagine they would run a completely separate weekend if this comes to fruition

looking forward to the progress on this

JDS

Changes?, please do tell.

M87

and I'm guessing its not just a , whoever wants to race can as far as meeting requirements
That was part of the reason I posted the rule book. For example in the AM sport bike class on a track of our length they have grids up to 30. In 600 SS we get 15-20 riders and I would guess at least 10 riders will come from out east since it's a national series.
That would mean that if you were within 10% of the fast qualifier you could race that class. I would guess that you would qualify easily. Me...maybe not.
Oh wait! You'll be an expert next year! Thats one more empty spot for me.

sand.man

Changes?, please do tell.

Paved bus stop between 2 & 3, all the grass and curbing supposed to be done, a 2000 square foot registration building + running water bathrooms, grandstands, an eventual separate entrance to the track and separate pit area to keep the drag guys away from us.

Not sure what the fate of the walls are, which I'm sure is what you really wanted to know! :cool:

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
I really doubt csbk would head out this way. Even if they announce next month that they are I'll still believe it when I see it.

Fireman

I really doubt csbk would head out this way. Even if they announce next month that they are I'll still believe it when I see it.

And with what are you judging this by Neil? What could make you say that they would announce a round and then not do it? You must know something that those who are prepping and organizing this series don't know?

Or are you just being negative? Making comments on things that you know absolutely nothing about?

Debbie

I worked with Colin Fraser when he was Race Director for AMA and I was doing Race Control at Laguna Seca on a MotoGP/AMA weekend. I know he will be looking for the marshalling to be at that same level. Blue flagging will most likely be required. Also the use of whistles and hand signals.
I would be happy to assist with any additional training. Just let me know.

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
And with what are you judging this by Neil? What could make you say that they would announce a round and then not do it? You must know something that those who are prepping and organizing this series don't know?

Or are you just being negative? Making comments on things that you know absolutely nothing about?

With an average of 10 riders in the SBK class... how many rides does Fraser think will make the 40+hr trip to our exciting, safe track?
How many riders made it from 12hrs away for our WCC???? Please do tell us how proud you are about winning that championship "mr. Ego".

...I think if CSBK made it out here, it would be awesome exposure for the club and track, but I just don't see them making the trip out here. Once we have a track in southern AB i COULD SEE THEM MAKING TWO TRACKS HERE PART OF THEIR SERIES.

Fireman

No need for butthurt Neil. Just asking about what you know that causes you to be so negative about csbk coming to Castrol.

Obviously it is based on nothing but your guess at ridership.

Your negative about the club, it's rules, it's executive, it's track and csbk's efforts to race at our venue. It gets very tiresome, and it must be exhausting for you as well. Doesn't it?

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Regardless of what we think may or may not happen, we are shooting for a CSBK race here. Let's just hope for the best and keep working towards the potential opportunity.