Dave Presiloski Memorial Award

Dave86

On behalf of the EMRA Executive I'd like to ask the club members for nominations who you think would fit with the spirit of the Dave Presiloski Memorial Award:

An individual that gets along with everyone, visits in the pits, gives a helping hand when in need, enjoys what they are doing, and puts their differences to the side when needed.

Please post up the name of the person you would like to nominate and the reasons why you believe the nominee deserves the award.

sand.man

I'm just going to copy/paste the PM I sent to Justin and Ian last week if that's alright:

Originally Posted by sand.man
Hey Ian, I've CC'd Justin in this message as I spoke to him earlier about whether this award was given by peer nomination or simply decided by the exec and he encouraged me to send you a message if I had someone in mind.

I think Shane Fraser is deserving of the award based on it's definition, putting bias aside having him as my teammate, I've never met a friendlier more social and outgoing guy before. Even before we were teammates I remember when I first met him, he acted as if we knew each other and he was just happy to talk to me about bikes and racing.

He's always happy to help around the pits, always helping with track set up and tear down, volunteers his time with Rob and HardNox as well as the Castrol/EMRA track days.

He's always smiling and shaking hands, congratulating everyone on their successes and helping out the newbies with advice and always very thankful to me for the help I've given him over the season.

For this year I can't think of anyone more deserving.

yak

Just one thing to add, while the nomination process is public Dave is going to do some magic so that the voting will be confidential.