Hitch carrier - feedback?

scratch

I've looked a little at the hitch mount carriers offered out there and wanted to know if anyone had any feedback. They look kinda scarey to me but may just do the trick. I know Princess Auto has one for under $200 and the price sounds good but not so sure how well they work. I've got a '98 CBR 600 I'd be hauling and wet its about 460lbs.

Anyone use these??

I see them used a lot with ~260lb MX bikes, and it's pretty wobbly. There's no rotational bracing, so they twist a lot in the hitch.

The force of a 450lb street bike on the hitch when you go over a big bump would be pretty big.

Jason Henton

I'm not sure why you would want one, if you have a reciever hitch, why not just tow a trailer? That said, I remember seeing a car towing a bike to the track by suspending the front wheel on a reciever hitch bracket and trailing the bikes rear tire on the ground. Might be a better option than trying to hang a 400lb bike off the back, which is the equivelant of towing approx. a 4000lb trailer.

scratch

The thought was not having a trailer to store etc but that does sound like the way to go just need to find room.

sv-racing-parts

MOTO-Tote Carriers,

:) As previously stated the Princess Auto Trailer Hitch Carriers are great for Dirt Bikes and I have several customers who use them with their KAYO MiniGP MR125 Race Bikes.

The MiniGP Bikes weights are generally at or below typical dirt bike, 250cc - 450cc like a SuperMoto or MX style racer,

Frank from Westaskiwin, had me ship him a Moto-Tote, built to carry a sport bike on your hitch, Click on the link below to check it out.
http://www.mototote.com/MotoTote-MTX-Sport-Motorcycle-Carrier.html

Easy to stow and super solid carrier for sport bikes,

Having said that, If you can find a storage location for a small Snow Bear or Kendal style trailer that you can set up a wheel chock on it is nice and transport on the trailer. Check Craigs List and Kijije for a well priced used trailer if you go that route.

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair