Organizing pit spaces

majikx

I was just curious, I chatted to a few people last weekend about the possibility of the RV'S and motor homes pitting in one area and thus leaving more room for guys with trailers and no trailer just pit tents to set up. There are guys that have 1 bike and taking up 50 feet of room with a motor home, and then others that have 2 or even 3 riders under 1 or 2 pit tents have to squeeze into tiny areas. I know for a fact that next weekend there will be more people coming to race and even with (hopefully paved) the new paddock area, it's going to be cluttered with set ups..

Is there anyway there could be areas for the Motor homes and areas for the other racers.

Just a thought.

Mike

Fireman

I was just curious, I chatted to a few people last weekend about the possibility of the RV'S and motor homes pitting in one area and thus leaving more room for guys with trailers and no trailer just pit tents to set up. There are guys that have 1 bike and taking up 50 feet of room with a motor home, and then others that have 2 or even 3 riders under 1 or 2 pit tents have to squeeze into tiny areas. I know for a fact that next weekend there will be more people coming to race and even with (hopefully paved) the new paddock area, it's going to be cluttered with set ups..

Is there anyway there could be areas for the Motor homes and areas for the other racers.

Just a thought.

Mike

We will be discussing this at the exec meeting next week and will have a plan in place to tray and help with the clutter. We have been working on it, and I think we may have a better solution.

teejay

Can we keep the motorhomes as far away from the drag strip as possible, for the guys who are camping out at the track all weekend.

TSR

Can we keep the motorhomes as far away from the drag strip as possible, for the guys who are camping out at the track all weekend.

Keeping the overnighters to the south, away from the drags amf circle track would be fantastic.

Fireman

I was hoping to see if we could place all the rvs on the drag strip. It would cut down on the noise.

TSR

If we can park all the rv's abour half track, build a ramp and see if the funny cars can clear em', I'm all for parking on the dragstrip.

budoka

Those of us that had motorhomes and bigger trailers were parked according to the ground crew. I understand how it does take up lots of space, but some of us travel distances and need a place to put our heads. As always, planning is the key to success and it can be sorked out. The drag racers took up more room than we did, but they have their needs too. We're all there for the same reason.

teejay

The only thing that sucks about that is that while its good for noise for everyone else it sucks for us and people with the big campers are usually out there first. Another downfalll is while everyone goes home at 4 the people camping out now have to listen to cars for 4 hours after everyones gone.

Jason Henton

I agree it would be nice to have some sort of plan in place. Those of us who have larger trailers require alot of room to manuevor around. It can be a bit of a challenge to get in and out of the pit area sometimes. I don't know how much noise could be blocked by a wall of trailers, but I can attest to the nuisance of listening to the drags until well into the night, as well as the frustration of missing 5 minute warning calls. Do we have any ideas as to how many and what size of trailers and pit tents we need to plan for?

DEFBOY35

Id like to put it out there that it has always been a first come first serve basis as long as I have been racing. That being said. Showing up well after the track night has started with a large trailer and large pit space requirements , please don't expect to get a prime spot andor get into a spot right away. It may require allowing the night to finish and having the track attack only guys clearing out.
That being said the last round I did my best to try and push the track attack only riders towards the drag strip to help avoid the issues of being able to get people into the pits it should be slightly better with the expanded paddock.

Another thing that would help greatly is if people don't show up and drop trailers off at random and leave before someone is there to direct them where they are able to pit.

As Justin stated though I am sure this will be a hot button topic at te exec meeting this week.

curveygirl61

Shane, you did a great job at the last race weekend! Very tough job to try to make everyone happy and hope that everyone listens. Thanks:)

Sandi
curveygirl61

Racin Jason

I'm sure our wonderful exec is working on this.
As is everything with a new track, it's a work in progress.
Please be patient and let's try and respect all our fellow racers when we set up and with pit etiquette. Hell I finally got a generator that doesn't make me the undisputed "asshole with the noisy generator". Lol
As one of the guys with a big trailer I appreciate the exec working on it.

WRrider

Pit alocation

There are some great comments here. I particularly like the point about having the campers further from the drag strip. It is us who have to endure the noise for the additional hours.

I would also submit that it's the guys who are camping who have the biggest investment in travel time and are more likely to arrive later. Please don't penalize us for that.

Here is a suggestion:

For next year, you may want to consider what they did at my last track -a lotto for spaces.

Fireman

I think that put spaces should be assigned by the amount of volunteer time worked while setting up and tearing down the track.

The riders that cannot do setup and tear down are able to ride only due to the hard work of those who volunteer their time. So they should be happy to give up the best spots to those who provide them with a safe track to ride on each weekend.

DEFBOY35

I think that put spaces should be assigned by the amount of volunteer time worked while setting up and tearing down the track.

The riders that cannot do setup and tear down are able to ride only due to the hard work of those who volunteer their time. So they should be happy to give up the best spots to those who provide them with a safe track to ride on each weekend.

Winner winner chicken dinner right here.

TSR

I totally agree! With a 6+ hour trip back home with the RV, I'm guilty of leaving the track after my last race and before teardown.

I do like the idea of a lotto, or possibly a fee, payable to the club for better camping/pit spots for people staying overnight. Keep in mind that we are camping all weekend for free as it sits, which is nice.

Not to stir the pot, but in regards to the vast differences in hours spent volunteering, our local stock car club had a major problem with volunteering for track cleanup, track truck, etc. They instigated a yearly fee for each race team for opting out of volunteering, and used the proceeds to hire out the work.

Or maybe I'll just move to Edmonton, just don't tell my wife...lol

Dave86

Here is the general idea discussed at the meeting:

pit_layout.jpg

EMRA executive members will be on site to direct traffic for pit setup.

There will be absolutely zero tolerance for abuse towards those organizing the pits. There was an incident last round which is not acceptable behaviour, if something like this happens there will be one warning given, and if the message doesn't get through you'll be asked to leave and not return for the weekend.