Setup/Teardown volunteering

M87

We need volunteers to Setup and Takedown our protective barriers at the track. None of our events, including track days, can start until the barriers are in place and, as most of you know, we will be facing financial penalties this year if we do not have our crash barriers removed on time at the end of our races.
In the past this job has been done by a small group, consisting of mostly the same people every weekend. While they have always done an excellent job, the amount of labour required and the time constraints they have been under has made this a very difficult task.
To be frank they have worked their butts off so the rest of us can race.
Talking to those involved it was mentioned that it would take only about eight volunteers at setup and another eight at teardown to get this done quickly and efficiently every race.
At this point no one is forcing racers to do a setup or takedown but if every racer does just one setup or take down a year we should be very close to having enough volunteers to cover the entire season.
In order to make it a little easier to keep track of those who are already volunteering, and to make planning a little easier for those of you who want to volunteer, the following list has been made up for the entire year.
If you see a particular date that fits your schedule either PM me (M87) or post on here and I will put your name on the list.
After each event I will post a thank you with the names of all who showed up.
I am sure there will be a couple of questions about how this is going to work and they will be answered as they arise but for now this is it.
Sign up if you can, bring a friend if you can, sign up under a friends name if you want, and know you will have will enjoy the undying gratitude of an admiring nation. Or something like that.

Round
Setup Date
15-Sep
Volunteer 1
Jon Fraser
Volunteer 2
Volunteer 3
Volunteer 4
Volunteer 5
Volunteer 6
Volunteer 7
Volunteer 8

Teardown Date
18-Sep
Volunteer 1
Ryan Brady
Volunteer 2
James Kendrick
Volunteer 3
Cal Ozimko
Volunteer 4
David Beeler
Volunteer 5
Volunteer 6
Volunteer 7
Volunteer 8

Last edited:

M87

Since that was a such a long post and, I for one don't read to the end of every long post, I will add some stuff here.
  • There can be more than eight people
  • You can show up even if you are not on the list, I will still add you to the thank you
  • You can cancel but try to do it early so we can look for a replacement
  • Yes attendance will be taken, sort of

M87

Thanks Steve,
The person with the longest drive is the first to volunteer!?!

blam

Administrator
What time does setup start for Round one?
Is that done on Thursday night or Friday before track day?

thursday evenings, as they run tracknights on friday.

M87, Im usually just down the street every thursday night, so you can pretty much expect me there for all the set ups.

M87

Track Days are as follows
Friday May 27 4:30pm-dusk

Friday June 17 4:30pm-dusk

Friday July 8 4:30pm-dusk

Friday August 12 4:30pm-dusk

Friday September 2 full day

Friday September 16 full day

So even though there are a couple of evening track days the plan is to setup on Thursday nights usually around 7 pm. I will post on here if there is any change.
Thanks to Ryan and Brian.
Brian I will only put you in for the first one for now, if you can't make it just let me know.

Last edited:

Goatse

Thanks so much for taking the lead on this Mike. You're an asset to the club, and this should help things go much more smoothly for the season.

M87

Chris thats exceptional you've been added.
Thank you to Glen as well.
Dana and Shane, thank you too.