LEATHERS......all your old stuff !!!

Sam

I am a member on a Edmonton sports bike page. There lots of interest in track days there by riders wanting to experience what the track is like. Many of these riders do not have the correct gear that is suitable for the track....The past track day a few riders did not attend due to lack of gear (and not being able to find it / afford new stuff). The reality is that these riders are future (and likely ongoing) customers for the sport. When the sport grows we all benefit (more track days, more exposure for your sponsors, old gear going to a good cause, and so on......). I keep directing people to this site when they ask me....so dig out all those old leather suits that you have outgrown and get them onto the marketplace. Even suits that are damaged can be repaired after being sold "as is"....another idea is to bring your old stuff to upcoming track days and hang/display your suits/gloves/boots with a price - I can direct people there (again more exposure). Feel free to post any suit that you have - a picture or 2 will help - I will gladly pass on the info to people looking. I can also fairly broker your gear for you if you lack the time (its part of what I do for a living).

411ninja

Thanks for the offer,
Just a reminder that to start out in Novice you do not need a leather suit, you can use textile.

Required riding gear:

* 1 or 2 piece leather or textile suit, if 2 piece it must zip together around the waist
* Riding boots at least ankle high
* Gauntlet style gloves (covering the wrist)
* Helmet rated for motorcycle track use (i.e. Snell M2010, ECE 22.05)

rbod88

I have an old suit (alpinestars) boots (Sidi), Teknic gloves, and a knox back protector that woukd make a good package for someone wanting to get into track riding. It's all been crashed it but still usable. If this is something that interested you I will post up some pics

Sam

I have an old suit (alpinestars) boots (Sidi), Teknic gloves, and a knox back protector that woukd make a good package for someone wanting to get into track riding. It's all been crashed it but still usable. If this is something that interested you I will post up some pics

Hey there - this sounds perfect. Just post the sizes - I know of a few people that are currently looking - I can connect you guys.

Sam

Thanks for the offer,
Just a reminder that to start out in Novice you do not need a leather suit, you can use textile.

Required riding gear:

* 1 or 2 piece leather or textile suit, if 2 piece it must zip together around the waist
* Riding boots at least ankle high
* Gauntlet style gloves (covering the wrist)
* Helmet rated for motorcycle track use (i.e. Snell M2010, ECE 22.05)

I originally had textile suits in the first draft of what I wrote, I shortened it up some and neglected to rewrite it - Thanks for the info :)

rbod88

Suit is a size 42 US boots are 10.5 think, gloves are a medium. Fits your average 180lb guy. I'll post picks tonight when Have a chance

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Great idea, i really like this post. Send people to the Honda Extreme guy next time they come to the track. I keep all my old spare stuff for if friends or newbies want to try track riding and don't have the gear.

I've got three pairs of gauntlet style Alpinestars gloves, each used for 1-2 seasons tops then I replaced them.

I've got a spare set of Alpinestars SMX5 waterproof boots.

I've got two spare suits, one of which i would give away to someone if they were committed to start racing, otherwise i would keep it for the next guy needing a favour.

Plus a back protector and chest protector etc.
Not to mention spare parts haha

I would keep the stuff and lend it out without hesitation, or if someone tries it and wants to keep it then we would work out a deal. Most of this stuff isn't worth any money to me, i just keep it for the purpose of lending out. It helped get my buddy addicted to racing muahaha

Also i am the average build for a 190lb - 6'0" guy

Sam

Great idea, i really like this post. Send people to the Honda Extreme guy next time they come to the track. I keep all my old spare stuff for if friends or newbies want to try track riding and don't have the gear.

I've got three pairs of gauntlet style Alpinestars gloves, each used for 1-2 seasons tops then I replaced them.

I've got a spare set of Alpinestars SMX5 waterproof boots.

I've got two spare suits, one of which i would give away to someone if they were committed to start racing, otherwise i would keep it for the next guy needing a favour.

Plus a back protector and chest protector etc.
Not to mention spare parts haha

I would keep the stuff and lend it out without hesitation, or if someone tries it and wants to keep it then we would work out a deal. Most of this stuff isn't worth any money to me, i just keep it for the purpose of lending out. It helped get my buddy addicted to racing muahaha

Also i am the average build for a 190lb - 6'0" guy

Thanks for this, this is exactly the sort of thing that is needed. I will direct some of the FB members here to create a profile - you guys can each take things from there once they intro themselves here.

SiiCompany.com

Hey everyone! I'll start buy saying thanks for trying to help some of us get in on the action at Castrol, it's greatly appricated. I personally I'm looking for a track suit that will fit me as I am 6'1" 270lbs with a 38-40 Jean size waist. I would also need large gauntlet gloves, and 9.5-10 boots.

In addition I am also looking for a street bike/street riding gear size xl helmet, 3xl riding jacket.

Just bought my first bike a couple weeks ago a R1 and I'm riding around in my sledding helmet without visor, my klim sledding jacket and dirtbike gloves.

Any help is appreciated I have cash and also products off my website siicompany dot com

s1kr0y

Nice post and was referred by an ESB member, anyone having a 52EUR suit for sale, I spent $1200 on a new alpinestars suit last month but had to return it because A. it didnt fit and B. I lost my wallet and had to pay $1200 in fines and C. the fort mac fires put me out of work for a month and left me somewhat skint so here I am hoping for a low-ish priced suit that will get me on the track sooner and maybe I'll get a shiny new suit next month, or next year!

pretty sure track days would be an investment that would reduce my speeding fines...