Quick Turn Throttle

gixxer60_0

I'm looking at adding a quick turn throttle to my 2007GSXR 750. What brand are guys using. Is it better to keep the oem kill switch and starter switch? Who is the best supplier to get them from?

Thanks

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Motion Pro makes a decent one. Euro-Turn is another one (i think thats the name)

Always keep your factory kill switch, even if you have to move it around a bit for fitment with the clipons.

gixxer60_0

I emailed Blair at SV Racing. He has both brands you have stated. The only thing he says I would have to use aftermarket switches. Not to keen on doing that. I guess the other option is to move it up the bar to keep stock switches not sure if there is room to do that.

S-african

Cheaper option is to just get R6 throttle tube. It is a 1/4 turn.
not as fancy as Motion pro, and also no options for different cams, but most people just use the shortest cam and then its done.
Just an option (I use this, and works great - was literally just a plug and play, no modifications needed - and cheap! Think I eve gave one to Greg before realizing I needed one for myself)

blam

Administrator
Cheaper option is to just get R6 throttle tube. It is a 1/4 turn.
not as fancy as Motion pro, and also no options for different cams, but most people just use the shortest cam and then its done.
Just an option (I use this, and works great - was literally just a plug and play, no modifications needed - and cheap! Think I eve gave one to Greg before realizing I needed one for myself)

some honda boys do this too (but needs minor modification)

i personally run an HRC one. just replace the tube, adjust your cables and you're off to the races.

edit: also, 1/4 turn i s90 degrees, which is stock on most bikes. I think you meant 1/6th turn (or 60 degree)

Last edited:

jlitz

Two options: super cheap
No mods on the 07. I have both tubes and use on a 750 and 1000.

R1 Throttle Tube Part# 4YR-26240-02-00 1/5 turn $25

R6 throttle tube part# 2C0-26240-00-00 1/6 turn. $35

Just leave the tiny plastic washer outside of the throttle switch housing to avoid interference.

Now your grips don't match but you can pick those up for cheap if it's a necessity also.

S-african

Thanks JLITZ, I remember reading the exact turn for each throttle body when I looked at changing to quick turn, and stand corrected at 1/6 turn for the R6 tube.