Turple Bros leather race suits

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Just an FYI, I was in Turple Bros in Red Deer and noticed they have a bunch of race suits on clearance. Honda red/black, Yamaha blue/black and some black/white or other mixed colors. They were anywhere from $1200-1600 normally and right now they’re all on sale for I believe $599.

A great deal for someone looking for a new suit so I thought I’d let you guys know. I have pics but can’t figure out how to upload from my phone on the forum, and I’m driving.
Also they offer 10% off to EMRA members, I doubt that applies to this deal but if you’re there getting oil or something at the same time mention your membership.

Turple Bros has been a dedicated sponsor, supporting the EMRA with thousands in donations every year as long as I’ve been racing. They sponsor the race school so thank them for getting new racers into our sport by supporting local.

Happy shopping.

bgo62

Yes turples is a great place to deal with . All my suits helmets, boots etc come from them . They are always willing to make a deal :)

411ninja

IMG_5005.JPG They sent some pictures it looks like the sales are on Rockets and Spyke. Good prices!

Attachments

• IMG_5006.JPG
    IMG_5006.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 19

macbayne

I've never dealt with Spike, but JR?... I know I might catch shit because Turple has been good to the club, but I wouldn't choose JR...

dyi7z.jpg

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
I've never dealt with Spike, but JR?... I know I might catch shit because Turple has been good to the club, but I wouldn't choose JR...

I wouldn't if i was you either ;) :p
Lol just teasing Bayne, but yes Joe Rocket aren't known for being the highest quality brand but i've personally tested a suit out twice and it held up great both times. They definitely don't match the thick feeling leather of a good Alpinestars suit for example but if you want one of them be prepared to shell out well over $1000.

Unless you fit Tosh's suit haha

Cdw46

I have been using the same joe rocket suit since 05. It’s held up very well. I could use it again this year but I figure it’s about time for a new one

blam

Administrator
They definitely don't match the thick feeling leather of a good Alpinestars suit for example but if you want one of them be prepared to shell out well over $1000.
I have seen more than one $1000+ suit blow seams on first crash over the last couple years in our club. from Alpine, Rev'it, and others.

its all luck of the draw, how you fall, how you land and how far you slide.

2quickrides

EMRA Executive Member
My A-stars GP Pro (one down from their top pro model) blew the stitching above the knee from my little get off. Leather held fine, just stitching let go, but still expected more for the price.

Snak

EMRA Executive Member
I have seen more than one $1000+ suit blow seams on first crash over the last couple years in our club. from Alpine, Rev'it, and others.

its all luck of the draw, how you fall, how you land and how far you slide.

This is too true, I have "tested" a couple brands now. Seam placement is as critical as leather quality in my opinion. I have yet to go through the leather on any of my suits, but seams have been an issue in high impact areas.

Bobby

I bought the exact Spyke suit a couple years ago from Turple and have had a few " tests" with it and its held up real well. Only downside is its not ventilated.