Want to Buy: Take off slicks and rain tires

YamahaBalls

Hey everybody,

I am new to racing this year in novice but I really had a blast at a lot of the track days last year.

I am looking to purchase take off slicks from some racers that may be buying new tires, such as pirelli or dunlop tires and also looking for a set of rain tires. If anybody has any for sale please let me know. I need a 120/70/17 in the front and 190/17 or 200/17 for the rears.

Please only offer me tires if know if you they haven't dried out yet and that have been stored properly over winter.

Thank you very much.

Mantis

I have a stack of take offs, most with 12-15 laps. $50/tire, I will be bringing with me this weekend May 12th and 13th to Castrol

Pirelli SC0, used this winter at CVMA in SoCal

Last edited:

majikx

just a heads up........... be very careful who you buy take offs from. Most riders dont replace there tires as often as they should, and use them until they dont feel safe on them. Be very cautious, look at the tire, make sure that there is still rubber left, you can tell with the holes or treads that are on the tire. look for unusual wear, tearing, blueing, and color other then black. Tires are rubber, rubber has water in it, if the tire has frozen, then the water inside the rubber freezes, expanding, making tears inside a tire that you cannot see.

Alot of guys say 10-15 lap tires, however, there isnt one person in the paddock that i have seen that takes tires off after 10-15 laps. Maybe I'm wrong, and I hope I am, but be very cautious of take offs.
my opinion is to spend double the price and get a new set, that way you know what you have, you arent worried about them, and you wont find out the hard way that, well, perhaps that guy wasnt completly honest telling me the tire was still "great".

my 2 cents