April EMRA Exec Meeting.

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
Hey there all you cool cats and kittens, the times have changed. In order to adapt, improvise, and overcome we will be having the April Executive meeting via Zoom meeting. If you wish to view the meeting here is the invite. You need to be an EMRA member to attend the meeting and you need to have a Zoom account. If you don't know how Zoom works do yourself a favor and watch some of the tutorials www.zoom.us, its free and easy.

Topic: April EMRA Exec Meeting
Time: Apr 7, 2020 07:00 PM Edmonton

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/429422939?pwd=M0p6K3c4OTZxT3QxeVdjWmVjdGRsZz09

Meeting ID: 429 422 939
Password: 052204

To answer a few basic questions before the meeting:

Is the EMRA season going to happen?
Yes we are planning for a regular EMRA season.

Are there public health orders currently in place that may restrict EMRA events from happening?
Yes, at the moment of typing this the current orders in place go until June.

Will the public health orders change EMRA events?
Yes, the situation is very fluid and the orders are constantly changing. The EMRA Executive along with Castrol Raceway management is planning a number of risk mitigation strategies to be put in place at our events.

Will the EMRA cancel events?
Yes, if the public health orders at the time dictate they must be canceled. We will be holding out as long as possible in the hopes all our events continue. 'IF' an event is to be canceled expect about one week advance notice.

What about the EMRA Race School?
We are currently still planning for the original May 15 date. 'IF' the school ends up being canceled students will have the option of a full refund or the chance to take the school at a later date TBD. The race school is awesome and a huge undertaking, it is the gateway to our incredible sport, we will do everything we can to get students in.

Will dates be moved or added to the 2020 EMRA schedule?
There are currently no plans to add or move dates. There are simply too many scheduling conflicts.

If you have any specific questions you would like addressed at the meeting please send them to me any way you can, PM here, email, txt or Facebook if you have me there. I'll do my best to have the questions answered.

Right now we are stuck in a holding pattern. Coupled with a long winter coming to an end and the exciting anticipation of another amazing EMRA season it can definitely make us all anxious. Lets all do our part, self isolate in the garage with your bikes, support those that support our racing community and come out ready to go when the season starts. Be sure to use all our local sponsors Argyll Motorsports, Riverside Honda and Ski-Doo, Riverside Motosports, Honda Extreme, Coopers Motorsports, and Turple Brothers to name a few for everything you need to get on track this summer. Our tire vendors Vass Performance and Freight Train Racing will be making orders soon, make sure you chat with them and get the tires you need. Take a look back at photos from last year on https://amtopmphotography.smugmug.com/ and https://anhphoto.smugmug.com/. Reach out to the individuals that support our racing like Stu McColl and the lovely Dee's, little them know how much you can't wait to see them at the track this summer.

Some good news to finish this off with, we have been working with Willie Vass to hold our Set Up 101/102 fundraiser online with the Zoom app. We are hoping this will allow even more to participate, learn a few things about their bike and racing all for a good cause. More info on that to come.

DSmith

I know the track is booked every weekend from mid-May to the end of September so it's outright impossible to replace weekends but is there no chance of changes with the existing weekends? Eg. making August a 3 day event instead of a 2 day, or even turning practice or track day dates into race dates.

Matt Stokes

Hi Jon. We appreciate everything the EMRA Executive is doing to give us the best chance of having a season this year. Lots can change in a short time, so lets stay positive and see what unfolds. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Matt