July 3-5 Stratotech Weekend Info

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
Hey everyone, I figure I better start a thread about the Stratotech weekend. I'm hoping this thread can answer some of your questions about specifically participating in this weekend. But please use the search function and do some reading before you ask something like 'how do I register?' or 'what's the deal with Stratotech?'. It's going to be pretty much the same kind of fantastic weekend we always put on, just at a new/old track.

I'll try to rattle off a few fun facts about the weekend here to answer a few questions you may have.

-First off, we will be debuting our online waiver signing. PLEASE sign it before you arrive at the track. There will be one for July 3 events and July 4-5 events. EVERYONE at the track must have signed the online waiver. It is free and easy to sign https://emra.speedwaiver.com/. You will be checked in at the gate and not allowed into the facility if you haven't signed the waiver.

-Please remember this is a different track, different procedures, different rules, different time schedules, etc. Many things can/will be different. Please inform yourself and be aware. If 2020 has taught us anything it is to be aware.

-A maximum decibel limit of 94 dB @ 100' will be enforced all weekend.

-Track set up will be at Stratotech at 5pm July 2. We've got Airfence to haul and place on track, timing and scoring to set up. Please come prepared to help set up, you will be allowed to start setting up pits after the track has been set up.

-Parking will be tight. Anyone with a trailer over 20' please contact me (PM, text, email, Facebook, whatever) as parking spaces for large trailers will be assigned.

-Anyone with a small pit set up please be aware that it is very likely you will be pitted over gravel, please bring large mats or wood panels for the floor of your pit spot. Please also remember to take what you bring with you when you leave. Tow vehicles may need to be moved to over flow parking spots.

-Camping is allowed. No tenting. No fires. No midnight ragers. Bathroom facilities will be closed in the evening/night. No showers on site.

-Pit bikes are allowed. Helmets must be worn at all times. Riding anything motorized, scooters, hover boards, etc. you must wear a helmet.

-Weekend will start with Friday July 3 8AM to 4PM, full day track day. Followed by an evening track night 4:30 PM to 9PM. Both open to any riders, street riders to racers. Registration is through Motorsports Reg https://www.motorsportreg.com/event...ratotech-park-edmonton-roadracing-assn-751107.

-Racers, please make sure your bike is ready to go and ready to tech. Make life easier for our tech guys. Lowers must be off, bike must be brought to the tech area. Our tech inspectors will be hands off and socially distanced. So make sure lowers are off, your gear is in plain sight and you are with your bike and gear during the inspection. Tech for racing will be open Friday evening and Saturday morning as usual.

- July 4 Practice/Qualifying will be all day Saturday. Lap times for groups will obviously be impossible to judge. So for now go in the same group you finished last season off in. Novice riders go in Group 1, the Novice group. Anyone else that didn't race last season for some crazy reason but is back racing now, talk to registration about your practice group assignment. We will be keeping an eye on group speeds and sizes throughout the day to keep them all as safe as possible. After Saturday we will have some parade laps for registered crew and spectators (we can have up to 100 spectators, they must all pre-register online and sign our online waiver). First come first served.

-July 5 is race day! It is going to be epic! Again we can have up to 100 spectators, they must register online and they must sign the online waiver. Race day schedule will be the same. Lap count will be different, our goal will be to have the races the same distance. Formula 112 class cut off time will be different, we will provide more information on the time for that class shortly.

I'll do my best to keep this thread updated and accurate as the date gets closer. Stay tuned for more information, and stay up to date on this thread.

Juan42

Hey fast316, I'm planning to get back on track (its been a long time!) and come out on July 3. I searched the site and found the race tech requirements, but I can't find the requirements for trackday rider tech. Is there a link on the site here? In particular, what are the helmet requirements?

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
Hey fast316, I'm planning to get back on track (its been a long time!) and come out on July 3. I searched the site and found the race tech requirements, but I can't find the requirements for trackday rider tech. Is there a link on the site here? In particular, what are the helmet requirements?

Motorcycle and Rider Requirements.

Motorcycle:
  1. Headlights, taillights, signals do not have to be taped up unless they contain glass.
  2. Glass headlights must be taped.
  3. Your bike must be in good mechanical condition.
  4. It should have NO fluid leaks.
  5. You do not have to change your engine coolant.
  6. Tires must be in good condition.
  7. All levers and controls must operate freely. Throttle must SNAP BACK to the off position when released.
  8. Brakes must function within recommended tolerances.
Rider:
  1. Helmet rated for motorcycle track use (i.e. Snell M2010, ECE 22.05)
  2. 1 piece leather suits, or 2 piece leather suits that zip together are required. Most textile suits are acceptable only in Novice group.
  3. Must have proper motorcycle riding gauntlet style gloves that cover the wrist.
  4. Must wear motorcycle boots that cover above the ankle.
  5. All riders must attend the mandatory riders meeting prior to going on track.
  6. Absolutely no stunting on track or in the pits. This includes wheelies, stoppies or erratic riding.
  7. No stopping on the track unless a red flag dictates it.
  8. Never travel backwards on the race track unless you have been instructed to by an instructor during a red flag.
  9. When entering the track, you must wait for the instructor at the entrance to allow you to enter.
  10. Absolutely no drinking, or drugs during the track day.
  11. You must purchase an EMRA membership to participate in a Motorcycle Track attack.

electrobiker86

So looking forward to riding Strato, missed riding it by a year. On MSR there is Pit Crew stated as needing a waiver, understandable; but that made me wonder if "pit crew" are in the 100 spectators count / limit?

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
So looking forward to riding Strato, missed riding it by a year. On MSR there is Pit Crew stated as needing a waiver, understandable; but that made me wonder if "pit crew" are in the 100 spectators count / limit?
Crew members are what you need for the safe operation of your vehicle. There is no limit on this count, but it must be used with justifiable reason, or we all get in trouble. Spectators are just that. Appropriate social distancing rules apply at ALL TIMES.

electrobiker86

Crew members are what you need for the safe operation of your vehicle. There is no limit on this count, but it must be used with justifiable reason, or we all get in trouble. Spectators are just that. Appropriate social distancing rules apply at ALL TIMES.
Thanks Jon, that makes sense.1 more question, does the crew member fill out the event waiver or spectator waiver?

budoka

Rob D gave me some pointers as I've never ridden there before. Looking forward to the tight turns and the technical differences of
Castrol. Be a good learning for Area 27 I'm thinking

Juan42

Just a quick post to thank the EMRA and to recognize the hard work that went into getting Stratotech up and running again! It was a long time for me since being on track and I never imagined the opportunity would ever present itself to get back out at Stratotech again...I had an absolute blast, and it was fantastic to re-connect with some great people from past racing days. Looking forward to giving Castrol a go now that the track itch has been scratched again. Thank you EMRA!