Helmet

mach chicken

Hi, I just purchased a new Arai helmet manufacture date 02/19, Snell sticker 2015. Will this helmet pass tech? Please advise. Also, is there a specific colour medical data carrier required for this year?

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
Yes I believe this helmet should pass. Every year we will be changing the color of the Medical Data Carrier to make it easy to identify a current MDC. We will have a bunch of them ready for purchase or pick up at race school and round 1.

Jefferson

EMRA Executive Member
Snell 2015 is the latest snell standard, which passes.
02/19 is less that 5 years old, which also passes.

We rotate colors yearly, to provide and easy check if the MDC has been replaced. Last year was black, this year, black lettering MDCs will not be allowed. The color we are using for this race season will be available for purchase round 1.

jlitz

Hey Jeff,I have another helmet question.
I'm trying to get my race kit together for the upcoming 3-4 this month and noticed my helmet is about to expire.

July 2015 is the date of the helmet. Before I bring it for one last round can you please confirm that it will be granted a pass at tech one last time?

Thanks!

Jefferson

EMRA Executive Member
The helmet expires at the end of the month listed, due to them not having a specified day of manufacturing.

A helmet with manufactured date of 07/2015, is good until the end of July 2020.

BTN

Jeff, are you able to comment if Snell 2020 helmets will pass tech in 2021. Common sense tells me "yes" but I don't think the EMRA rulebook specifically states it so I want to check.