Spectators/Family this weekend

Jason Henton

Just looking for some clarification, as I haven’t raced since COVID restrictions have came into play (Yes I have read all the bulletins and rule book etc. I’m just making sure I’m up to date as this stuff seems to change every day) For this upcoming weekend, is family allowed to spectate/stay with us at the track? I’m referring to immediate family (my spouse/kids) and what about pets (my other kid ) and are they required to stay within our own pit areas only? Ie. can they burn off some energy by (safely/6’ distancing) running around?

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
Hey Jason, the track is pretty open now. Raceway facilities with permanent grandstands are allowed 1/3 spectator capacity. So at Castrol that number is around 3000 people. Some rules still apply, you need to wear a mask in common areas, bathrooms, concession, riders meeting, any area or time you can't maintain 6' distance. I would strongly recommend to everyone with have a mask with them at all times, if a Castrol Raceway or EMRA official instructs you to put one on, just do it nice and simple. I know it is a pain, I know it is going to be 30c, but we still need to follow these basic guidelines for one more race weekend. You don't need to wear a mask in your pit area, your pit area is for you and your immediate family only, no randoms. Don't lick any door knobs and most importantly, lets all have fun this weekend! Bring the kids and bring the friends and family.