REDLINE's new Website.

Sterling

Looks great Dave! My only small bit of criticism would be that having an "Enter" button seems kind of 1999. After all, if I didn't want to enter I wouldn't have clicked the link or typed the URL.

racer51

The site is beautiful to look at. One challenge you will face is that Flash is not search engine friendly so your site will be very hard to find using keywords. Metatags alone don't cut it anymore. If you "view\source" of your pages, there is no content for search engine spiders to crawl.

You could create HTML pages with text that will bring "searchers" to your site. You should also try to use words like "snowmobile" in addition to "sled" as a search for "sled" will provide significantly different results than "snowmobile".

For sure you want to use your domain based email address. @shaw.ca does not help you market your company. I suspect this is just a temporary measure as you clearly already own the domain name "redlineengineperformance.ca". Your domain registrar will offer this as a service and usually provide a single address for free.

Bottom line is whether you want to be found on the web by prospects using keywords through search engines, or be beautiful to look at. If your market is all word-of-mouth then it doesn't matter if people cannot find you in "google".

Last edited:

Michelin Man

The site is beautiful to look at. One challenge you will face is that Flash is not search engine friendly so your site will be very hard to find using keywords. Metatags alone don't cut it anymore. If you "view\source" of your pages, there is no content for search engine spiders to crawl.

You could create HTML pages with text that will bring "searchers" to your site. You should also try to use words like "snowmobile" in addition to "sled" as a search for "sled" will provide significantly different results than "snowmobile".

For sure you want to use your domain based email address. @shaw.ca does not help you market your company. I suspect this is just a temporary measure as you clearly already own the domain name "redlineengineperformance.ca". Your domain registrar will offer this as a service and usually provide a single address for free.

Bottom line is whether you want to be found on the web by prospects using keywords through search engines, or be beautiful to look at. If your market is all word-of-mouth then it doesn't matter if people cannot find you in "google".

thx for the advice, I don't know anything about this stuff, that's why I had it done. I'll make the commetns to the designer, I know it doesn't search well..