Thinking of Coming up for round 2

gixxer60_0

I am a novice racer from WMRC and I am thinking of coming up for round 2 with the EMRA. Since we have no races in June I was thinking of coming up for the races in June. What does a Novice racer have to do to race there, and what are the costs?

Thanks in advance

yak

You will need to have your race license and a race prepped bike. The costs are as follows: EMRA membership $35, daily gate entry $10, pracitice day $90, and the registration fee for the 2 novice races is $90.

A number of racers from Mission regularly travel out so check with them for any possible differences in equipment requirements. A couple of new things for us are engine case covers and the requirement for a back protector.

Regards,

Todd

gixxer60_0

You will need to have your race license and a race prepped bike. The costs are as follows: EMRA membership $35, daily gate entry $10, pracitice day $90, and the registration fee for the 2 novice races is $90.

A number of racers from Mission regularly travel out so check with them for any possible differences in equipment requirements. A couple of new things for us are engine case covers and the requirement for a back protector.

Regards,

Todd

Thanks Todd,

I did check the rule book and everything seems the same. I was just wondering what the costs where for a non club member but you answered that as well thanks.

racer51

Please only come up if you lap stratotech slower than 1:07... :D

Just kidding, we welcome foreigners from other countries like BC. You will LOVE Stratotech!

gixxer60_0

Please only come up if you lap stratotech slower than 1:07... :D

Just kidding, we welcome foreigners from other countries like BC. You will LOVE Stratotech!

I will do my best but being a novice I doubt that I will be that fast.
What kind of trnasponder do you guys use? and do you rent them? I have a DB com for Mission.

yak

Sorry I forgot to mention the following details to your original question regarding costs.

We don't use conventional transponders any more. Our timing system uses RFID stickers which sell two for $5. Another possible cost is that we are adding a $20 fee to people that register at the track instead of pre-registering. Check the information from Ian's post in the News section of the message forum and you will be able to avoid this $20 cost. Note that while we need you to pre-register you can still pay with cash at the track if you prefer.

Regards,

Todd

gixxer60_0

Sorry I forgot to mention the following details to your original question regarding costs.

We don't use conventional transponders any more. Our timing system uses RFID stickers which sell two for $5. Another possible cost is that we are adding a $20 fee to people that register at the track instead of pre-registering. Check the information from Ian's post in the News section of the message forum and you will be able to avoid this $20 cost. Note that while we need you to pre-register you can still pay with cash at the track if you prefer.

Regards,

Todd

Looking for hotel to stay near the track. What is good hotel with a kitchenette.

sv-racing-parts

:) If you need Knox Back Protectors, or Engine Covers, I have them on a Group Buy going on for the EMRA Racers right now,

You can email me directly for them at [email protected] and I can get you all the details and included.

As for Hotels, Motels, search Fort Saskatchewan on google, there are several reasonable choice within minutes of the track, and many people camp at the track. It has clean modern facilities,

Let me know if I can help you out in any way, I am there for Pit Support at all the race events,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

Mastard

We love seeing new faces at the track. Welcome!

For hotels, try Park Avenue Inn, Super 8, Lakeview Inn & Suites, Hospitality Inn & Suites, and the Hampton Inn.

gixxer60_0

We love seeing new faces at the track. Welcome!

For hotels, try Park Avenue Inn, Super 8, Lakeview Inn & Suites, Hospitality Inn & Suites, and the Hampton Inn.

Thanks for the heads up I booked at the Hospitality Inn.

So looking forward to next weekend.

gixxer60_0

Thanks a bunch to all of the peeps up there in Edmonton. I must say to all the people I meet and to the EMRA directors and volunteers what a will run weekend. I hope to be back shortly.

Thad

Juan42

great to see you guys up from Mission !
Thanks for making the effort to come up here, and glad to hear you had a good weekend,
Juan