Search results

1. RockThePylon

07 r6 front brakes not working??

Is the lever still firm, or does it go to the bar? Is it possible something contaminated the pads? Soap from washing it, leaking fork seals, greasy fingers?
  2. RockThePylon

'07 GSXR600 Electrical Issues

The K6/K7 GSXR600/750's eat regulator/rectifiers, mainly because of it's placement. I'll bet my shirt that yours is dead. It's a component that makes a lot of heat, needs good cooling, and Suzuki stuffed it right behind the radiator, just above the exhaust headers. OEM part# - 32800-21H00...
  3. RockThePylon

HELP! Can not remove from sprocket

Oh, dang. Good spot. Ya, it's 27mm. Get a 6 point socket that fits it good. I seem to run into one Kawi every year that my "750ft-lbs" impact can't crack. Takes most of my body weight on a 6ft snipe to bust those suckers.
  4. RockThePylon

HELP! Can not remove from sprocket

Classic Kawi. You just need a bigger snipe, or a bigger impact. I have consistent success with a lot of heat on the nut, a 6 foot snipe, wood through the wheel, and someone standing on the rear brake.
  5. RockThePylon

Badlands update

Good things going on here
  6. RockThePylon

VP racing U4.4 equivalent

For what it's worth; The fuel tuning between U4.4 and pump gas isn't huge. If the engine is stock, you can safely run pump on a U4.4 tune. The bike will just feel a bit soft.
  7. RockThePylon

Brake Pads

Transfer of pad material is a good thing. Normal part of the bedding-in process. I never had a problem with EBC HH pads at an upper-intermediate pace. Granted, I'm a light rider on a 600, and I haven't raced at Castrol. Is it possible you had some kind of contamination on the discs or...
  8. RockThePylon

Opinions on Sidi boots

You absolutely have to try on a boot before you buy it. Especially with your freaky EEE samsquanch feet. :p I wear an E boot, and the TCX line feels roomy. Raced in them, crashed in them, and recently long touring rides, no complaints. Something to try. My Alpinestar MX boots are too narrow...
  9. RockThePylon

Pump Gas vs Race Fuel

If you want "pour in power", VP MS109 is great. Just swapping out pump gas for MS109, I saw a 3-4% increase on the the dyno. No tuning required. (Although it did benefit from a few little tweaks) As for ethanol blends... Ethanol is actually a power adder, when tuned for. Ethanol has that...
  10. RockThePylon

Hitch carrier - feedback?

I see them used a lot with ~260lb MX bikes, and it's pretty wobbly. There's no rotational bracing, so they twist a lot in the hitch. The force of a 450lb street bike on the hitch when you go over a big bump would be pretty big.
  11. RockThePylon

Winter bike mods

I'll be experimenting with E85 fuel in the next couple of weeks. Should see 5-10% over Premium, and it's still "pump gas". So, you know, less dollars.
  12. RockThePylon

New Racer, Preparing for 2015 season + move to Edmonton! Requesting Advice

I originally used a '92 Ford Ranger, bought for $600. It worked beautifully. I only hitched up the Scoob so I had a place to sleep. Hotel stays would kill my race budget.
  13. RockThePylon

My Subaru is not meant to tow, the owner's manual even specifically forbids it. Buuut, with a $150 hitch and a $30 wiring kit, you can do whatever you want! Mine is made by CURT http://www.curtmfg.com/ I purchased it from http://hitchdepotusa.com/. Free shipping, so that's nice.
  14. RockThePylon

Street bikes don't crash as well as a race bike. So, just don't crash and you're good. You could always get a little trailer for a track bike. That's how I got from Calgary to Edmonton.
  15. RockThePylon

Bit of video from the Ridge

There's some stuff
  16. RockThePylon

Looking for two up pics

Does it have to be from Strat? Gavey was king of 2 ups. http://imgur.com/a/zhpLF
  17. RockThePylon

Painters

Rustoleum Universal All-Surface Enamel. It's the bees knees.
  18. RockThePylon

New to track 2015 which bike??

There was a recent thread about it here - http://emra.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=2766 General consensus; If you want to have fun racing, SV650 is awesome. Little cheaper to operate, little more forgiving for a newbie. Same fun level because you're still dragging knee on a race track. But if...
  19. RockThePylon

I'll throw in my 2c. The Supersports are superior bikes. Even bone stock, they will be competitive in the Expert class. There's no excuses, you know it's you that's slow, not the bike. :p The Ninja/SV650 will be cheaper to operate, but only really competitive in their class. More fun...
  20. RockThePylon

12% Solution

A local Cadwell park would be exciting.