2nd Gen SV650 fuel line quandry

Blaknwite

valve.jpg

Got this on the fuel line of my 03 SV. Its pissin' gas. Doesnt show up on any manual. Can I simply remove?:confused:
I have a quickshifter but cant imagine this is linked/connected.
Any help would be appreciated.

Fireman

Looks like that is there as a repair for a punctured or kinked part of the line. May explain why it isn't in a parts fische. I would replace it with a new fuel line and save yourself a inferno.

sand.man

In-line fuel filter? Hard to make out any kind of detail other than that there's a white "thing" spliced into your fuel line, take a better picture?

Blaknwite

In-line fuel filter? Hard to make out any kind of detail other than that there's a white "thing" spliced into your fuel line, take a better picture?

agreed, crappest tech picture EVER.

I think it might be a snazzy quick disconnecter for the fuel line. It seems that it works that way.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 14

Arctic Donkey

Hey Steve,

As you have already figured out it is a quick disconnect for the fuel line. No doubt the previous owner got tired of the fact that you can't fully lift the fuel tank because of the short fuel line that goes from the tank to the throttle bodies. Not sure why it is leaking but it could be that it isn't rated for the pressure involved with a fuel injection system. Off the top of my head I can't recall the pressure in that line but it should/might be in the manual and a call to Motion Pro could confirm what that fitting is rated for. In the meantime, definitely be a good idea to replace it with a stock non-leaking line.