Adrian and Tara available to help

ehtaylor

We want to help out with the club. Tara is willing to do registration/corner worker and I am willing to help out with tech. Let us know how we can help with that or anything else.

the_fornicator

Hey, thanks! We normally don't have volunteers mapped out in advance as volunteer numbers are not solidified until maybe (if we're lucky) the day before the race round. More to the fact, experience of the volunteers is a bit of an unknown as well so that factors into where volunteers are placed. e.g. If our number of experienced volunteers are low, we try to pair up an experienced volunteer with a not-so-experienced volunteer.

Rest assured, show up when you can and we'll have a place for you!

In order to manage expectations, tech is sort of a special position -in my eyes anyway. It's the main line of defense against defective or unsafe equipment/set up. Understandably so, those doing tech are entrusted with a very special responsibility and they must adhere to the standards and requirements to a tee. That's not to say those that aren't doing tech are not trusted -false dichotomy. We generally do not put new volunteers on tech (to be fair, I want to do tech and I still have not been bestowed that opportunity lol).

Love to have you guys out that weekend! It's always exciting getting racers involved with this stuff.

Edit: If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.

Edit x 2: Hmm, thinking out loud. You're probably racing as well during Round 1. I can't think of a lot of a lot spots to put ya so as to not interfere with your racing. If you're there early, things we generally need help with in the pit area are as follows: setting up the argyll tent (tables, etc), the podium trailer, banners, the speaker system, parking. If you're there early enough with nothing to do, we could always use help setting up corner stations with tents/water/flags/etc. Again, show up and we'll figure it out. Thanks!

Last edited:

Goatse

It's nice to see how many racers are stepping up this year to help out the club. That just helps the club get better all around.

Adrian, what Wilson said is correct. So if you want to get involved with tech, feel free to come and see me on the Friday track nights before the race rounds, or on the Saturday morning. You can tag along/shadow me for the pre-tech that I go around and do on the Friday nights, or even help with getting racers their round stickers on the Saturday morning. On Saturday mornings sorting the guys that got pre-teched the night before and getting them their round stickers is a job in itself (even though they passed tech the night before, they don't get that round # sticker until they produce a registration sheet). So even if you weren't teching bikes (initially) the hand in getting those guys sorted would always go a long way.

ehtaylor

It's nice to see how many racers are stepping up this year to help out the club. That just helps the club get better all around.

Adrian, what Wilson said is correct. So if you want to get involved with tech, feel free to come and see me on the Friday track nights before the race rounds, or on the Saturday morning. You can tag along/shadow me for the pre-tech that I go around and do on the Friday nights, or even help with getting racers their round stickers on the Saturday morning. On Saturday mornings sorting the guys that got pre-teched the night before and getting them their round stickers is a job in itself (even though they passed tech the night before, they don't get that round # sticker until they produce a registration sheet). So even if you weren't teching bikes (initially) the hand in getting those guys sorted would always go a long way.

Sounds good Dana we will be there Friday afternoon around 3