Brembo Banjo Bolt too large?????

Brown

I need some help, I was installing a Brembo master cylinder on my bike and I went to attach the brake lines to the master cylinder and the banjo bolt appears to be too long. There is a quater of an inch gap around the heads of the brake lines when the banjo bolt is barried. The banjo bolt from Brembo is definatly longer than the stock banjo. I have a 06 GSXR 600 and Galfer brake lines. The brake lines they work with the stock master cylinder.

Is there a shorter banjo bolt for Brembo masters?

Is there some sort of spacer that should go in there?

Any help would be awesome, thanks Guys!!!!!!

Last edited:

firestorm

You'll need to double up on your crush washers. I'm guessing you have 2 lines connecting to the M/C so use 6 washers instead of 3. I had the same issue and was told to do the same.

I need some help, I was installing a Brembo master cylinder on my bike and I went to attach the brake lines to the master cylinder and the banjo bolt appears to be too long. There is a quater of an inch gap around the heads of the brake lines when the banjo bolt is barried. The banjo bolt from Brembo is definatly shorter than the stock banjo. I have a 06 GSXR 600 and Galfer brake lines. The brake lines they work with the stock master cylinder.

Is there a shorter banjo bolt for Brembo masters?

Is there some sort of spacer that should go in there?

Any help would be awesome, thanks Guys!!!!!!

Brown

You'll need to double up on your crush washers. I'm guessing you have 2 lines connecting to the M/C so use 6 washers instead of 3. I had the same issue and was told to do the same.

Thanks so much for the tip, there are no leaks with 6?

Dave86

If you go to a dealership parts dept. they can probably find you a banjo (or double banjo, depending on the lines you have) specifically for the SS lines with the right thread pitch for the Brembo master, I was able to get a double for my Goodridge lines so I didn't need to use any extra crush washers.

Brown

If you go to a dealership parts dept. they can probably find you a banjo (or double banjo, depending on the lines you have) specifically for the SS lines with the right thread pitch for the Brembo master, I was able to get a double for my Goodridge lines so I didn't need to use any extra crush washers.

Surprise, surprise the dealerships are not any help. If I was just going to look at the parts canada book I would do it myself online, oh ya I did. Maybe I am just a little bitter, I just get so sick of those guys. Sorry!

YZF1000jon

Depends on the dealer, some have the stuff on the wall behind the counter, and a guy with a clue too, but not all.

firestorm

I called around to a bunch of the dealers but didn't have any success in tracking down the proper banjo. I don't think the pitch on the Brembo is unique but nobody seemed to carry that type.

solo

I called around to a bunch of the dealers but didn't have any success in tracking down the proper banjo. I don't think the pitch on the Brembo is unique but nobody seemed to carry that type.

Did you give Vicious Cycle a call? They helped me out with a few issues in the past.

Brown

Thank you for calling around! I have been searching on the net and google is being no help. It appears the M10 1.0 pitch banjo just comes in one length (so far). Viscous cycles is my next stop for sure.

Just a side note for anyone who cares: the stock collars on the gsxr brake lines are the exact same size as the Galfer brake line collars.

Thanks again for the help guys!

Last edited:
I've got a few sizes of banjos in my race trailer and I run both Brembo and stock masters. How long is the one you've got now? Are you attaching 2 lines to the master or just 1?
I would suggest trying to stay away from the double washer fix if you can. That sounds like a repair with no other alternative. If your brakes fail........ that sucks! I've seen it happen too many times.

Give me a call if you want, I could get one sent to you tomorrow.

Clint McBain
Acceleration Racing.com
403.999-3546