Events in 2020...

Matt Stokes

CSBK posted their 2020 season schedule recently with no western Canadian rounds. Disappointing. What happened to their plans to come to Area 27 and Castrol?

Without CSBK coming, are we working on any ideas to do a home-and-home with WMRC to encourage some travel and a little interclub rivalry?

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
Always working on this, but so many obstacles. Like first a foremost, are there any WMRC riders willing to come to Edmonton to race and are there any EMRA riders going to Mission to race? Like more than 2 or 3 riders, I'd think you would need around 10 riders from each club to give the series credibility. Probably also only Expert riders? Since WMRC doesn't have a real Intermediate license? Which classes and how unified are the rules in those classes currently? Getting both parties involved to agree on class rules is not an easy thing to do. Those are AGM kind of proposals.

IMO probably better to just have a one off round at Area 27. Because I know there would be a ton of riders from both clubs willing to race at Area 27. With a one off race weekend we wouldn't have to unify club rules, just make one set of rules for the weekend we think would convince the most riders to show up and race. Can we book a weekend at Area 27? Yes, probably. This year? No. Insurance? We can get that. Who pays all the bills? I dunno. Area 27 is not cheap. Does the EMRA membership and WMRC membership want to spend their funds on an expensive race weekend, at a distant track, that doesn't suit all their members? That's an AGM discussion. Scheduling would be fairly easy on the EMRA end. But the WMRC only just released their schedule. So the timing of all this is difficult.

There is still hope of one or more CSBK rounds out west. Castrol raceway management is totally open to hosting another CSBK round. As are promoters at Area 27. Hopefully it happens!

Matt Stokes

I have some ideas about how to propose a home-and-home with WMRC. I'll send you an email to see if we and hash something out and approach them with a proposal.

Matt

budoka

Castrol and (I imagine) Area 27 has head butting issues over costs and hosting with CSBK. I learned allot after the 2015 CSBK at Castrol on this. Part of it is attendance for drawing spectators (viewing locations and stands etc) and we all know how much coverage we get for m/c racing in North America; and the unwillingness of the organizing body of CSBK not wanting to buck up for the cost of facilities. Not a whole lot unlike Dorna in that regard. then there's distance and costs for the race teams as well. Nice to have all this real estate we call Canada, but it comes at a price. I'd love to be within reach of Shannonville or Canadian Tire Park, but 2000 km is 2000 km. Shoot, Area 27 is a major road trip for me (15 hours each way) for a one day outing? But having attended COTA last year, I saw what a mess they are...train wreck.