Footpegs

Jason Henton

I have seen a variety of peg designs, but have not found much relevant information about what the differences actually add up to. Do things like knurling style, tapered or rounded, flared ends etc. actually make a difference or are they mostly marketing flare?

blam

Administrator
i cant speak for the others but knurling is amazing.

vortex and woodcraft knurls are amazing vs OEM in my experience.

I will add both the above grip very well. i have some rizoma knock off ones that look like they have good knurling but dont hold that well on my street bike. both my track and street bike the oem knurling was quite slippery and i lost my footing on more than one occasion. never happened since the change to woodcraft.

rizoma(style) pegs are not fully round, likely to give you that extra 1/2" so you dont drag foot pegs. dont know if that is an issue for you or not. it sure isnt for me.

and the new woodcraft pegs have breakaway points which I hear work very well

Last edited:

Jason Henton

In the past, I raised my pegs because my toes were dragging, pretty sure the only time I have dragged peg I was not on the bike! I have 3 different styles of knurls (4 if you count OEM rubber type too) They range from large and open knobs, to very fine. I've never had issues with feet slipping off pegs, but have more noticeable wear on my boots with the flared end (woodcraft) type peg. I have yet to use the large open knurling (vortex?) ones. This is part of the reason for my inquiry, It doesn't make sense to wear out a boot without a noticeable benefit..

blam

Administrator
i imagine either type will chew up your soles. my sidi boots have relatively cheap soles that are replaceable so i pesonally dont worry about it.

maybe you could slap some hockey tape or something on your pegs to take up some of that abrasiveness?

Jason Henton

I dont think adding anything to the pegs would be a good idea, to much at stake if something slipped off.. If anything, I would get a set machined to match a profile I liked. The confusion comes in trying to figure out what works.