IMPORTANT: Transponders

DEFBOY35

Hello everyone. As we are approaching the race season and round 1, it is important to avoid any potential issues with timing to make sure your transponders are up to date and have the latest firmware on them.
I learnt this down in Utah a couple weeks ago when my transponder was not picking up.
Also don't forget to give them a full charge!!

A side note. Anybody last year who bought the x2 tansponders with the direct charge kit (through the group buy), I had them send me their "fix kit" for the recall issue they had last year.

mdonohue

Whoah, recall issue on the direct powers? What's this all about??

Thanks for the heads up about the firmware too.

DEFBOY35

Whoah, recall issue on the direct powers? What's this all about??

Thanks for the heads up about the firmware too.
Anybody who registered their transponders last year would have got the email in regards to the issue.
The short of it was some where having trouble staying connected properly so they have a plastic insert piece that goes in to ensure they are properly connected.

I have the pieces.
The new ones the issue was resolved and not to worry about.

blam

Administrator
I know some people had issues with this last year so I'll make mention of it now.

charging your mylaps transponder is not as easy as it sounds.

be aware that it does NOT charge with all USB chargers. iphone, ipad, ipod chargers will NOT work. and many samsung ones will NOT work.

I've had good luck with the older blackberry chargers.

the light sequence on the transponder is different when its charging and when its plugged in and not charging. I will clarify this tonight when im home.

in short, dont just plug it in and assume its charging. make sure the proper LEDs are illuminated.

EDIT: if the lights are magenta, its not charging. if the lights are red and green, you are good to go. the m8 connector should be flashing red or green every second.

Last edited:

Cdw46

I'm having issues with the firmware update. It won't let me do it. Does that mean my transponder won't work this weekend?

DEFBOY35

I renewed the subcription and updated that in the transponder. Is that the same thing?
I don't know off hand where on the page it is. But it will show you in your account if it's good to go.

Make sure to check after your first session Saturday to make sure it is picking up.

DEFBOY35

Attn: if you bought a subscription renewal and have a direct charge transponder please let me know asap!!!