Lithium-Ion motorcycle batteries

racer51

Purported to save 5 lbs

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKx67_QVXXw&feature=player_embedded[/yt]

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
Currently working on these to make several available for myself and other racers at the club.....
They are the tits...0.75lbs for a bike 750cc or under...1.5lbs for 1000cc
Neil
#99r

Arctic Donkey

I have been running one of these for the past 2 seasons. Make sure you get the correct size for your bike. A stock SV650 for example needs the bigger battery and will likely "pop" the small 4 cell unit. I have never bothered with a balance charger on my total loss setup, just charged it with a regular charger, of course if you drain them too far they may need to be rebalanced.

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
I have been running one of these for the past 2 seasons. Make sure you get the correct size for your bike. A stock SV650 for example needs the bigger battery and will likely "pop" the small 4 cell unit. I have never bothered with a balance charger on my total loss setup, just charged it with a regular charger, of course if you drain them too far they may need to be rebalanced.

Hey Steve
You "popped" one? What do you think that was from? Was it giving you troubles trying to turn the engine over? They do get warm when you demand the cranking amps....
Neil

Arctic Donkey

It was sent back to the maker and I can't remember if one cell was damaged or just one of the solder joints failed. Besides the SV and bigger twins I'm not sure if the Triumph 675 also
needs the next size up bat. Most inline 4's 750 and under with stock compression and a charging system are likely fine with the small bat.