Michelin Slicks

cyclecrazy

Anyone use Michelin Powerone slicks last season? I am of course wondering if I should make the committment to go with them this year over the DOTs.

JDS

Crappy, no good. Dont buy them.

If I were U,,, id go with a nice set of Chen shin's.:p

Seriously. Ask Justin, Jesse, Jamie or Ian.

I like them.

Fireman

I ran them through half of the year last year, I liked them once I was able to get the bike setup on them. That took alot of time however. They are quite different in many ways from the DOT.

madmax

I agree with john or some 2 CT's so i have a fighting chance of getting in front of that beast you will be riding!

I switched from dot's to slicks on both Pirelli's at the start of the year to Michelin's by the end of the season. Running in both WMRC and EMRA series I like the slicks for the longevity and grip. I did not do anything special on the set-up though.

fask

Slicks are great but rears won't last long if your suspension is not working properly. Dot tyres are more forgiving with regards to suspension setup but that doesn't mean it's hard to get a slick working well! That being said, when I'm on a new tyre or bike, I like to get it set up with dot tyres first.

Spence

Ducbert

A true test of your Michellin'hood would be to race 2011 on those slicks, while wearing this:

Attachments

• 0000michelin men war.jpg
    0000michelin men war.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 8

sv-racing-parts

:)
A true test of your Michellin'hood would be to race 2011 on those slicks, while wearing this:

:) Too funny, I am going to start the season on Dunlop Slicks this year,

They make a 165 rear for my 5.5 Marchesini on the SV650,

They seem to get good reviews,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
I ran them through half of the year last year, I liked them once I was able to get the bike setup on them. That took alot of time however. They are quite different in many ways from the DOT.

Agreed, first set I tried I was like 'wtf is wrong with my bike', but once I made a few adjustments I ended up liking them a lot.

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
:)

:) Too funny, I am going to start the season on Dunlop Slicks this year,

They make a 165 rear for my 5.5 Marchesini on the SV650,

They seem to get good reviews,

Blair

Dunlops are the most superior tire (NTECs), its just unfortunate there is no rep in Canada and obviously no pay-out...
Blair you should start slanging Dunlops!!!

sv-racing-parts

:) I am getting mine out of the states,

BTW: if you are an Alberta resident, ie have a drivers license, there is no sales tax in WA state where I happen to know the Dunlop dealer,

I may just be able to help you out,

Blair

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
your talking about Barry with KFG?

Those dunlop rains...holy!!! like soft sponge...

M87

Dunlop might be fine but I don't see them represented like Dave supports Michelin, Chris supports Bridgestone or Clint supports Pirelli.
Blair you of all people should know that it's not just the product it's the service and these guys are there when you need them.
Mike Cormier

sv-racing-parts

:) Hi brother Mike, the reason we have lots of tire manufacturers is so that we can make choices. I saw how Ryan rode his dunlops to a class track record last season, I saw how Royce rode dunlops, and I have friends riding dunlops on bikes just like mine with the same wheels as mine and loving them,

So, I am going to try them out myself this year, Also in my case only dunlop makes a 165 slick for the Marchesini 5.5 wheels, and I am right here to get them,

I also have lots of friends riding all the other tires you mention,

If I am not mistaken I believe that Royce's dad, Todd, was also selling Dunlops at the track,

I have no interest in selling dunlop or any other tires at the track,

Anyway, it is always great to hear from you, and I do hope that you make the early trip out to Mission to get the cobwebs out early again,

The Season opener will be April 29 Track Daze, April 30 the one club practice day a year, and May 1, Round One,

Friday, May 20 Track Daze, May 21 Round 2 and WCC Round One, May 22 Round 3 and WCC Round 2, Monday Victoria Day Holiday for Travel

Great warm up for the Round One Weekend the following Weekend at Stratotech,

I hope you can make it, Let me know,

Blair