Stickers on Helmets

Tanner199

Peeps,

Did and quick search and checked the rule book, What is status regarding stickers on helmet? Looking at buying a new black blank shoei, was going to put some stickers on it. Whats the ruling?

It's the "matte" black shoei x-twelve, I dont believe it has a clear coat sprayed on if that matters.

[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]4.1 Helmet[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold]​

[/FONT]
Helmets must be certified by the manufacturer and have a sticker affixed stating it meets one of the following
accepted standards:
North America: Snell M2010, Europe: ECE 22.05 P, Great Britain: BS 6658 Type A, Japan: JIS 8133:2007

All helmets must be undamaged, full coverage, or full facial units with immovable chin pieces.

A non-damaged visor must be fitted and secured in a down position on the helmet during any practice or race
session.
Tech. Inspection may disqualify helmets damaged during crash

Planepower

I don't think it's against the 'rules'. Being a brand new helmet, I doubt there's damage. But it is rather difficult to ascertain if there's damage if it's covered with stickers is my only thought. Which may lead to rejecting the helmet from tech inspection.

YZF1000jon

I've done it for the last few years, you may have to let them inspect it thoroughly at tech so they can be sure there is no damage prior to decal install, and having a dated receipt may help.

sv-racing-parts

EC Certification on Helmets,

:) Is the ECE 22-05 standards certification good to go with EMRA for the 2013 Season?

Let me me know, I may pick up a Euro certified helmet,

Best regards,
Blair

Goatse

I wouldn't think they'd mind if a 'few' were on there. They did make us put 2 last year, and there will be 3 stuck on them this year with new health ID thing.