Sv 650 slipper clutch

Tattoo

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find a slipper clutch for the sv 650. Or who makes one. Thanks Tattoo..

Arctic Donkey

I'm pretty sure that both the Yoyo and Sigma clutches are just rebranded TSS units. The old ones were good but there have been some problems with many units from the past couple of years. I think there is a new design that hopefully addresses the problems.

Tattoo

Is anyone here using any of the above ones? Thinking about picking one up just not sure which one.

sand.man

I have a Yoyodyne in my motard, quality seems good to me and I've had no problems with it.

You'll notice a "clicking" in your clutch lever when the slipper kicks in which is normal as far as I know.

There's at least one other person here with a Yoyodyne in a 600rr and I think he approves as well.

Dean

I'm using the yoyodyne on my SV650 and am very happy with the unit. Makes me a lazy rider though. However, it is one less thing to have to think of under heavy braking and downshifting.

Arctic Donkey

Ya, the clicking is normal. I had one of the newer (but not newest) Yoyo's in my SV and was getting slippage under acceleration. Took it out, put in the stocker and problem was solved. The problem is SV650 specific as far as I know.

jetfixer15

I have the Yoyodyne slipper clutch in my 2000 SV650 and it has worked flawlessly for 2 years. The clicking went away after a full practice day and it actuates perfectly now. There have been some lubricating problems with some of the slipper clutches however (Steve can vouch for that). There is a lot of information on the SVRiders.com website about them. If you have a 99-02 SV you will need the 03 & up SV clutch springs (they are heavier). I got my Yoyodyne slipper clutch through Blair at SV Racing Parts, who is one of our track side vendors.

sv-racing-parts

:) Hi, Thanks Aaron, Frank, is that you looking for the slipper, I have the Slipper Clutches for the SV650 and pretty much all of our bikes,

Email me whenever you are ready and I will be happy to help you out,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

Tattoo

Yes Blair its me lol. I'll let you know when I decide to go with the slipper, still not convinced I need it more of a want.