The 2021 Sean Henderson

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Hello fam,

I’m putting out the word now for nominations for the 2021 Sean Henderson Most Outstanding Racer award as voted by their peers. This is an award you the membership can speak up and nominate those riders you think emulated our beloved pal Sean’s memory. He was always happy in the pits, always offering to help, never worried about the competition and was just happy to be improving his lap times and have fun and mingle with his friends. Last year Eric Russnak was nominated and awarded this and I think it was very fitting. Let’s see who comes to mind for you all and I’ll start collecting nominations and then we will create a voting poll later on.

Nominations will be accepted until September 30th, 2021

Thanks!

Attachments

• Sean Hendo.jpg
    Sean Hendo.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 8

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
I'll start out the nominations:

Paul MacDonell has been volunteering to help with airfence setup, teardown, podium, track work, etc etc pretty much every round all year. He's also given up his bike for people to ride, parts for people to borrow, and he's always a good spirit around the track. Reminds of the kind of character Sean was.

Scotia

I second the motion for Paul.

However, I’d also like to nominate both Brian Worsdall and Neil Carlson for consideration.

Not only are these two pivotal in the ergonomics of the club, but also the energy of every track day and the growth of almost every rider.

Be-it a compelling smile, a tool or part, a helping hand, a piece of advice, or just an engaging conversation, these two stand out as utterly dynamic and essential to the fluidity and feel of this club.

They’re inspirational riders on the track, all the while balancing the management of the club off of it.

The latter fact should not be something that disallows their consideration. Instead, it should act as a testament to exactly why they both deserve the vote.

They commit so much time, effort and consideration into all that they do, and manage to do so with such radiance and heart; that’s Sean to me.

Last edited:

bmintoff

I can second both brian and Neil.

I had a poor weekend round 3/4, and both Neil
And Brian were extremely Helpful.

Brian spent WAY more time than he should have showing me stuff and helping me get my bike ready for Sunday.
Neil is always there to help, always smiling, full of info he’s willing to distribute.

Both guys really add to the atmosphere and experience of racing with the EMRA.