Track Boots

Discussion in 'Technical Forum' started by Adam12, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Adam12

Adam12 Member

Ahoy
    I would like to purchase a dedicated track boots for track-days as I have cruising boots. They have very nice air flow. I have found too much information online! What boots do you guys and gals use at Castrol? I think I am leaning towards a perforated boot, but need some help with objective descriptions of why rather then subjective likes.
    Any help/thoughts?

2. blam

blam Administrator

Brian Lam
    i typically run pretty warm. sneakers make my feet sweat profusely.

having said that. I run Sidi vertigo boots, without perforation. i don't find them overly warm. they have some special liner with air bubbles. i dont know if they work to be honest, because I havent tried boots without

for me it was about fit and protection more than anything and the sidis fit me best of the ones i tried.

things i liked
    all sliders are replaceable-i dont want to order parts and wait forever for them to come in
    any shoe repair shop can replace the soles (aftermarket rearsets will chew through your boots)
    lots of protection

things i dont like
    velcro flap on the inside-can get caught on rear sets, though i dont find this a problem anymore since i swapped rearsets (wood craft)

3. Adam12

Adam12 Member

Thanks. I have been eyeing those. From a fashion side I need to make sure that the Sidi red goes with green of my suit.

4. DEFBOY35

DEFBOY35 Well-Known Member

Shane C Fraser
    I am on my second set of alpinestars super tech r's.
    Have definitely crash tested them and they hold up very well. Just keep in mind that they fit on the big size. I am down a couple sizes from what I typically wear in other boots.

5. Adam12

Adam12 Member

I have heard that about A-stars. What is the delta between your size and the boots? I am a 42 and was wondering if I should buy a 40 if I go with A*

6. nac.00

nac.00 EMRA Executive Member Staff Member

Neil
    Give me a shout i have a bunch of Falco (made in italy) boots in stock
    780 716 7165
    Neil