Volunteer refund

Discussion in 'Open Forum' started by electrobiker86, Jul 3, 2019.

1. electrobiker86

electrobiker86 Active Member

David
    Given the execs mid season decision to no longer count corner working as a duty that earns the volunteer deposit back, perhaps the statement on Motorsport Reg could be updated to state which duties actually do earn the deposit back.

Motorsport Reg: "Included in your Race License fee is a refundable $100 deposit. This $100 deposit will be returned/credited upon completion of a volunteer task. This includes, but is not limited to, air fence setup/take-down, corner station set-up, and corner station marshaling. Please email registration@emra.ca to sign up for any upcoming opportunities to help."

2. electrobiker86

David
    Thanks for the reply Scott. I think you have taken my post with incorrect intent, I was only trying to avoid confusion. I was told by execs, yes plural, that a vote was taken and corner workers no longer received deposits back. This then contradicts the motorsport site.

2quickrides and Jefferson like this.
  3. Scott

Scott EMRA Executive Member

Scott West who?
    We will try our best to update MSR so confusion doesnt happen. Thanks for your concern.

electrobiker86 and Jefferson like this.
  4. blam

blam Administrator

Brian Lam
    updated....as well as a note stating there is no longer manual approvals and issuance of licenses. things should go much smoother now.

electrobiker86 and 2quickrides like this.
  5. electrobiker86

David
    Thanks Brian. I do realize, and have experienced, the volunteer commitment put into running a club; all the execs, and administrators ;-) efforts are appreciated.

2quickrides likes this.
  6. blam

blam Administrator

Brian Lam
    should also note, i dont think the statement in the OP is correct....but i will let the execs answer it.

7. 2quickrides

2quickrides EMRA Executive Member

Sean
    Definitely wasn’t a mid season vote. Pretty sure it was discussed at the AGM when it was voted to raise the air fence deposit this year due to the lack of motivation the previous amount provided, but was for sure voted on prior to season start.
    But I get your point as well, that was an incorrect statement on MSR and I thought it was even called an Air Fence Deposit on there. That was our error. Sorry for the confusion.

8. electrobiker86

David
    I only know what I was told, by the execs. Again there was no intent to slight any execs, we vote them in to make decisions for the club through the year, that is why they are called execs, which I again thank for their efforts.

2quickrides likes this.