vp U4.4

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
For those who`ve used U4.4, I have a few questions....

Do you flush it out of your fuel system at the end of the day, or is it safe/stable for a few weeks of storage?

How much do you pay, and from where?

Ever experience any negative issues?

Thanks
Neil
#99r

Planepower

Ive used it all year long, and yes i do flush it out with regular after each race and run it thru the system for about 5 minutes.
It has a tendancy to swell (deteriorate rubber goods), so it is adviseable to minimize the exposure to your injection system for prolonged periods.
Ive been told that it is best to store in its original container as UV breaks it down rapidly (loses the oxygenation you pay $$ for).
As for costs - depends on how you buy it. Upon average its about $3.50 - $5.00+ per litre.

If you are going to use it, it is strongly reccomended to tune the bike appropriately (Doug at Ronin Motorcycle Works is best), otherwise you wont get the best benefits from using it.

Last edited:

Spooner

Since Planepower missed this bit...

Speciality Sled is the best place I've heard and dealt with.

http://www.specialtysleds.com/

Cost's about $850 (plus tax) for a 205L drum. Cheapest to buy in bulk as it works out to about $4.30 per litre.

Negative's, its F'n expensive. That and your fast enough, so you don't need it. :)

~S

racer51

Arctic view of race fuel

Talk to Steve (Arctic Donkey) about race fuel...he's got the goods and it's the schnizzle!