What type of bike will you race at Castrol?

What type of bike will you race at Castrol?

• 600cc sportbike

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • 1000cc sportbike

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • 125/250cc sportbike

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Twin/Triple/V4

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Motard

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • GP Bike

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

Dave86

I think it would be interesting to gather some data on the type of bikes, and the number of each that people will be racing at Castrol next year, could help us determine if we need to make class changes.

sand.man

If I race, it will only be on the Aprilia RSV. I don't think the SM will last all year on one engine at a faster track.

Fireman

This ^ is a perfect reason why we should get numbers on what to expect to build classes upon. Thanks for taking the poll everyone, it will help us create a better class structure for 2014.

sand.man

You may want a sub-poll for the twins/triples/V4 to break down the 650/750/1000+ for a better idea on middleweight, lightweight and thunder.

And maybe a "how old is your bike" poll to determine where to go with sportsman.

Last edited:

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
i dont think this will give a big enough sample to really do anything with the data...

Spooner

I'm not too sure about that. We averaged 70 to 75 riders per round and in less than a five days we have 32 members already polled. The racers in 2013 was far more than that of 2012 & 2011. (avg of low 60 those years.)

Even with just the 32 who have polled, that gives us a fair size sample of the ridership.

Wouldn't you agree?

~S

sand.man

Some people have more than one bike as well, but only one vote.

But you're right, it might give us an idea of what roughly half the field will look like.

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
Ryan answered for me... If we can just take last years riders and their corresponding bikes....
I know tanner and Craig are not planning on racing next year....
We can maybe estimate an average of 10% less racers next season... Just a thought.

DEFBOY35

I think it was also to get a feel for who all was changing up from the 600 to a 1000 as well. I've heard Delong is. Dom is. Not sure who else

GSmith

I voted for three bikes (gp, 250 & 600) and it accepted them. I can"t say for sure but given the fact the Varsity go-kart track in Calgary is also getting bulldozed under, there may be a fair number of AMRA members wanting to race gp, 125/250. and/or motard at Castrol.

sand.man

It's rumored that there will be a new kart-ish sized track built just minutes from Varsity next year... They're keeping it a big secret for some reason.