Whats the best lap timer?

Tattoo

Just looking for some input on Lap timers. Wondering which is the best one to purchase. Thanks Tattoo

yak

For a basic unit I really liked the XT Racing Ultra Lap. One of the racers (Blair) sells them too if you are interested.

racer51

Spencers lap timer

The one that Spencer King (FASK) has for sale includes full GPS and accelerometer functions and includes a custom billet mount!

Last edited:

Spooner

^ Yak does. I think so does articmonkey. I do as well, but I never turn it on...

PM me if your interested in it.

~S

yak

I do have a GPX Pro set up and generally I like it, but there are some cons too.

Pros
- captures lots of cool data
- can completely replace the stock instrument cluster
- good support from XT Racing using their message forum
- excellent local dealer support for failed unit (Thanks Blair!)

Cons
- using the cool data to improve your lap times isn't easy
- difficult to setup fuel tank level and low oil pressure will alarm all the time the bike isn't running if you enable it.
- my 1st unit failed and Steve's battery died (Were we just unlucky?)
- the GPX requires calibration every time you change the unit position on the bike. I don't know how sensitive the unit is to slight position variations so I've wanted to redo the calibration every time, but you need to run your bike through the gears in a straight line and then stop. Arranging for this at the track is a hassle.

sv-racing-parts

Best of the Lap Timers

:) Hi Everyone, I have all of the XT Racing Lap Timers Line available. One of the really nice things about XT is that they recognize all of the track beacons so if you go with an Ultra Lap Timer or a Mini Lap Timer they are easy to use at the track,

The GPX Pro Todd got was one of the very first ones produced and I got him an instant replacement at track side and then sent his in for replacement to me. I have not heard of any failures since the early bugs were cleared out over a year ago,

You can see them on my web site at www.svracingparts.com

As well, I am a Distributor for Sport Bike Track Gear so you can be sure you will not get it to your door anywhere in Canada for less than I will get it to you for, so let me know if you see something on their site, and I will get you looked after right away,

Have a great off season everyone,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair