EMRA Executive Meeting
June 27, 2017 Chrissy's Office
Start time 7 pm
Round 2/3 Review
- Practice starts - people buzzing the tower and stopping all over, need to have a designated area marked by cones, and plastic barriers to direct riders away from the edge of the tower.
- Concerns over cost of practice / qualifying on track day. This is unavoidable due to the price being set by Castrol, and 40 some racers is not enough to pay for a full day rental. Compromise is we will send out a $50 discount code to racers who registered on the weekend and purchased a spot on the Friday track attack that can be used towards future race entry or the August 13th track day.
- Earplugs for volunteers being taken by riders, will be handed out at volunteer meeting instead.
- Issues with cameras falling off bikes, Jon will add to tech bulletin and riders meeting about tethering camera to the bike.
- Trailer keys - Josh needs a key in order to do corner setup and not have to rely on somebody else, Dana will have new keys cut
- Safety issues to address with Castrol - Jon will write up email, areas of concern are poles needing to be cut down flush with the barriers, need an update on turn 1 wall being moved, grass height is a problem for viewing angle to corners. Lower priority, 3rd air fence trailer needs to be moved alongside the other 2.
- Parking is still an issue - map for gate, signs or barriers for parking zones. EMRA needs more spectator parking due to growing club . Owen to discuss with Castrol.
- There have been requests for physical licenses and membership cards, MSR is working on it - supposed to be available within a few months.
- Options for gate fee other than cash? We will add gate fee to MSR registration, so it can be paid online, gate will be provided a list of those who paid for it online.
- Practice groups - group 2 is too large, lap times and numbers to be reviewed and then recommendation will be given for revised group split for round 4.
- Dan Davidson has submitted a request to allow Grayson Davidson to compete in Formula Thunder, as a rider with a restricted youth license must apply to compete outside Lightweight Open and Lightweight Superbike.
Majority in favour.
- Concerns over helmets where ECE rating is unclear, Jon Bullee to follow up with riders to clarify model and determine rating.
- Oil filters - other clubs in North America have banned K&N filters based on failures which led to fires. Majority vote to ban K&N filters but still allow other aftermarket filters.
- Alberta Primetime (CTV) would like to do a segment with the EMRA encouraging riders to take it to the track, Jon will coordinate on scheduling filming.
- Awards Banquet- Dave will look into booking location, Brian is working on trophy design.
|Person Responsible||Action List|
|Jon Bullee||Follow up on specific helmet models with unclear ratings|
|Jon Bullee||Pick up cones for tower, sign boards for track attack passing zones|
|Brian Lam||Send out discount code for round 3/4 racers that also purchased June 23rd track attack spots|
|Jon Bullee||Email Castrol regarding safety concerns|
|Jon Bullee||Follow up with CTV PrimeTime|
|Dana Draper||Get new trailer keys cut|
|Dave Kendal||Look into booking banquet location|
|Dave Kendal||Add gate fee option to MSR|
|Brian Lam||Look into practice times and group split|
Meeting adjourned 9:00PM. Next meeting date August 9, 2017.