Recent content by Scotia

1. Scotia

2023 Rule change discussion

The current race-day schedule, post lunch, sequentially goes as follows : Intermediate Open Sportbike, Expert Open Sportbike, Sportsman, Lightweight Superbike, Intermediate 600 Superbike, Expert 600 Superbike, Novice, etc. As all currently stands, there are at least 7 potential expert...
  2. Scotia

2023 Rule change discussion

Sportsman is currently open to any motorcycle ten years of age or older. Considering the significant advancements made in 2010, and the evident progression every year thereafter, I propose that the parameters in which to enter be redefined, as to retain the original ethos of the class. I.e...
  3. Scotia

2022 Awards Banquet poll… salmon or cabbage rolls

The fiercest competition the club has ever seen lol
  4. Scotia

The 2021 Sean Henderson

I second the motion for Paul. However, I’d also like to nominate both Brian Worsdall and Neil Carlson for consideration. Not only are these two pivotal in the ergonomics of the club, but also the energy of every track day and the growth of almost every rider. Be-it a compelling smile, a tool...
  5. Scotia

The 2020 Sean Henderson Most Outstanding Racer Award

I’ll second that nomination for Eric ^.
  6. Scotia

2021 Rule Change discussion

Yes - there was a four group split for qualifying. And yup - proud to have reached 1:01. But in that most of my times averaged in the 1:02’s, I stuck to group 3 out of respect for the experts, and an appreciation for not holding up the pace. I did so until the end of each day, when my patience...
  7. Scotia

I can appreciate that perspective, Eric - especially considering how fast you were in the intermediate class -, but it, in of itself, is solely tailored toward what could allow a novice rider to be drafted forward and perhaps -subjectively - learn at the fastest rate, while not taking into...
  8. Scotia

The point is being missed here. Perhaps that’s my inability to properly convey myself. I’ll try again: It appears most are focusing on the 121%, 1:35 and 1:10 that I proposed, and not realizing the point that novices should spend their entire first year as a novice, in novice. The goal for...
  9. Scotia

Perhaps that’s giving too much credit to the resources of most riders entering into the sport, and not enough to their sense of humility ? Lack of proficiency caused almost every incident this year, not power; were not most crashes and correlating injuries on lightweight and 600 class bikes...
  10. Scotia

Without any intent of disrespect or condescension, the propensity of a novice on a lightweight is -inevitably and understandably - a slower pace. Otherwise, it’s combining 1:21’s with 1:51’s + at Castrol, and 1:01’s and 1:21’s+ at Strato. Yes - there was a 20 second gap/lap in some races this...
  11. Scotia

Current rule: Novices filter through race school and then -typically- advance to intermediate after successful completion of four clean races. Let’s reflect on seasons 2018 and 2019, at Castrol. Issues: By mid season (only the third race day) the spectrum of lap times within the intermediate...
  12. Scotia

Mylaps x2 transponder

Sold!
  13. Scotia

180/120 Bickle tire warmers

Sold!
  14. Scotia

Mylaps x2 transponder

For sale: mylaps x2 transponder, race key, holder and cable. Good physical and working condition. $80. Unfortunately, no subscription remains on it; will have to be renewed.
  15. Scotia

180/120 Bickle tire warmers

For sale: 180/120 Bickle tire warmers. Good condition and working perfectly fine. $200