Search results

1. DMesher

This is why we race....

Although this was recorded in the UK, it's demonstrates why we race ... on tracks. "www.facebook.com/MotorbikeDaily/videos/1018432821632383" If the big guy had just stayed off the race line.... Enjoy Darel
  2. DMesher

Lists

I understand the point we are trying to make regarding club members helping with the pre and post-race activities required to make racing possible, but we should be careful about creating a 'naughty' list...there are folks on the naughty list in error. Ray Steel repeatedly took down air...
  3. DMesher

IOM TT Record Lap Video

Hi Scott, The reason that there is no road racing in other parts of the world is because there are no statutes in place enabling the shutting down of public roadways to allow racing on them. Ireland and the UK had the foresight to legislate road closures for racing at the turn of the century...
  4. DMesher

07 r6 front brakes not working??

Bleeding your brakes. Bleed the brakes (master first, then furthest caliper, then closest) and look carefully for air as you are bleeding the system. Place clear hose on nipple into a jar to collect brake fluid, open nipple, squeeze brake lever, watch for bubbles, close nipple, release...
  5. DMesher

Rider insurance coverage

Alberta Health covered all of the costs associated with the hospital visit at the track and later for the full hospital visit (x-rays, crutches, meds etc. etc.) in Groningen, Holland after the high-side at Assen (even though I have comprehensive corporate insurance that covers me when I travel...
  6. DMesher

2008 CBR 125 race ready almost free

Fantastic Adrian!
  7. DMesher

Recommendations for rear sets, 2015 s1000rr

Yes, that is ALWAYS a consideration. Paying $800 for rearsets is bad enough the first time, but absolutely crippling the second (third..fourth...) time. That's why I liked Vortex so much, you can buy any of the 'wearing' or 'user serviceable' part individually :) . Darel
  8. DMesher

Turn 1 Barriers - Safety Issue

Austria....a little more challenging. I'll see what I can do. Darel
  9. DMesher

The manufacturer of the repair parts I posted is not the same as our 'air fence manufacturer' however the repair parts and the vinyl adhesive would work for any vinyl material. If someone can point me to our actual manufacturer, I will follow up with them tomorrow to see if they have similar...
  10. DMesher

Recommendations for rear sets, 2015 s1000rr

As was pointed out...No Vortex rearsets for post-2014 S1000RRs. I have them for the 2012 and would have preferred them for the 2016. I would imagine they will produce them once they realize the frame is changed and the 2014's wont fit on a 2015+ Darel
  11. DMesher

One of the things I have noticed through up close and personal handling of our air fence is that it is starting to show signs of the wear and tear of countless setups/take downs. One of the most significant aspects of the airfence design is that in order for it to operate correctly there is a...
  12. DMesher

IOM TT Record Lap Video

Yikes, Don't know who Michael (or Joey, Robert and William) is?? :eek: Part of the next generation of the Dunlop Irish Road Racing Dynasty. Darel These are Michael and William...
  13. DMesher

IOM TT Record Lap Video

For those that may not follow British Road Racing, here is a link to Michael Dunlop's record breaking lap of the Mountain Course at the IOM on the weekend. Average speed of 133.4 MPH (215kph). MotoGP riders are excellent, these guys are at another level. Sit back and enjoy the 37 Mile lap...
  14. DMesher

Hotbodies bodywork

Hotbodies body work is fabricated at their facility in California. Darel
  15. DMesher

2016 AMB/Mylaps transponder mandatory

As I said in another thread, if we are moving to the AMB transponders for timing, and EMRA is buying a BUNCH to rent, we should look into a group purchase buy (for those that want to own a unit) piggy-backed on top of the EMRA quantity purchase for the rental pool. There would almost certainly...
  16. DMesher

LF: MyLaps Transponder

Dave, If the club is going to purchase a number of transponders to rent, we should put out the call to those that may be interested in purchasing transponders outright to increase the total numbers and improve our buying power/costs. I would certainly purchase a unit and help improve the...
  17. DMesher

Dunlop Tyres - Payouts

'First Class' Scott..... Darel
  18. DMesher

2015 AGM Meeting Minutes

Just the posters unveiled at the 2015 bike show, our web site, the Castrol and CSBK websites and miscellaneous bike magazine/blog websites, and all the people I told personally .... .
  19. DMesher

2015 AGM Meeting Minutes

I was thinking that the folks to setup take/down would not be any different than the folks that we hire corporately to move offices from one building/floor to another. These are contract laborers that get paid on an hourly basis to move 'stuff'. Having watched a number of 'couple of hour...
  20. DMesher

2015 AGM Meeting Minutes

On the subject of setup/take down, I have long realized that racer availability for any given weekend may be controlled by forces beyond their control (job responsibilities, especially for out of town racers). I have suggested that out of town racers should get special consideration...