Aftermarket rims

toybm

I've looked through the rules for any mention on the ineligibility of aftermarket rims, Forged AL, Magnesium or Carbon in Open Sportbike, Superbike, F112, Sportsman, Senior, etc. Didn't see anything.

Okay or no?

toybm

Thanks Dana.

Crap, now I have to find another reason not to. I mean other than the usual - you're not good enough to take full advantage of them, too much money on an old bike, get rider training instead, it's club racing why bother, etc, etc.

Adam12

Buy wheels from BMW. If over past 10 years technology has sky-rocketed and BMW build a chassis, swing arm and wheels for HP4, it seems they should be fine.

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Thanks Dana.

Crap, now I have to find another reason not to. I mean other than the usual - you're not good enough to take full advantage of them, too much money on an old bike, get rider training instead, it's club racing why bother, etc, etc.

Anyone is good enough to take advantage of aftermarket wheels, thats the beauty of them. They're better at everything, so whether you're a slower guy or a lap record holder they will help. You can accelerate faster, stop quicker, turn and flick the bike over side to side better and hold your lines better coming out of corners.
If i were to start my racing venture all over again i would buy a rear shock, front cartridges and then wheels in that order. Way before i did things like exhaust and power commanders etc.