Catalytic Converter vs Body Work

smcmanus

When I was setting up my 09 R6 for track I realized the lower fairing will not fit because of the Catalytic Converter.

What is the best way to get around this? I've heard lots of people say to remove it but I'm not sure how to go about that. Any suggestions/tips/other ideas? Or people in Calgary that can help?

Thanks!

Sam

blam

Administrator
that is odd. are you 100% sure your fairings are fitted properly? I know mine werent my first fit up and I had issues with my cat as well.

if you decide to cut the cat out, you *may* want some kind of fuel management or tune if you dont already.

DEFBOY35

The r6 has a huge muffler/cat that does not fit proper with most bodywork best bet would be the delete pipes, or a full system. Not only will you gain power. But you will see a huge weight savings as well.

that is odd. are you 100% sure your fairings are fitted properly? I know mine werent my first fit up and I had issues with my cat as well.

if you decide to cut the cat out, you *may* want some kind of fuel management or tune if you dont already.

Scotia

I can't speak for Yamaha's, but common practice for 08-10 gsxr's is to cut off the cat at the weld (use a grinder w/cutting disc), bevel said cut, and use a 06/07 gsxr slip on. As mentioned, a programmer/re-tune should be used, but all encompassing - and as Shane said-, you''ll be saving yourself ~14lbs and gaining power.