Cooling system

01wheelup

ok so I have replaced my coolant with distilled water and water wetter. And after that my bike seems to be doing nothing but shooting out boiling fluid. I have burped the system replaced the radiator cap and made sure the fan is turning on at 107. I am no bike mechanic and am pretty lost on what my next step should be to solve this problem. So if there are any bike tec savvy people that would be willing to help I would really appreciate it. Looking forwards to 2017 race season.

Jason Henton

ok so I have replaced my coolant with distilled water and water wetter. And after that my bike seems to be doing nothing but shooting out boiling fluid. I have burped the system replaced the radiator cap and made sure the fan is turning on at 107. I am no bike mechanic and am pretty lost on what my next step should be to solve this problem. So if there are any bike tec savvy people that would be willing to help I would really appreciate it. Looking forwards to 2017 race season.

If you have removed your overflow tank, it could be that you are just now noticing how much your levels actually change. On my bike I keep the coolant level about 1 1/2 inches below the top of the rad, any more and it burbles out the overflow hose.

electrobiker86

start the bike COLD and pull the rad cap slowly off while running at idle, you should see the coolant circulating if the return hose is near the cap. give it a little gas and circulation should increase as well. If you cant see the coolant its likely not circulating or very low level. Likely best to have glasses on in case it splashes up and expect some spillage.