Endurance Report

Arctic Donkey

First off, a big thank you to all involved in making the endurance possible again this year. We had the best weather of the weekend and had a clean race with no crashes or mechanical issues (that I was aware of) and everyone was getting amazing tire wear especially considering the ~200 laps that were put on the rubber. Congratulations to Pete and Ian for a dominating performance but in all fairness we were the first ones into T1 and even lead the entire first lap before gracefully giving way to others.

Steve

PS I think it is safe to say that SV650/endurance curse has been broken. We had zero issues and a had a great day.

It was an awesome day out there for sure! Once again a ton of fun, this is the most underated race of the year. Pete and Ian were machines out there, great having Clint, Chris and Max put a team in, Clint entertaining me with a great braking move into 2 (I have to practice that) It was great to see Team Sask stay and give it a go as well, hope they had a blast. Congrats Steve on breaking that curse ;) Maybe you can try that race motor next year :) While everyone had outstanding tire wear (every brand was run) the most amazing tire wear were the Pirellis on Chris's bike. I think they could do a second endurance race on their tires! Pretty impressive. Thanks to all the volunteers who came out too, counting laps, working the corners and in the hot pits. I think Ian was right, the race is won and lost on the start, my sprint was a little laid back and had I stepped it up, I think we woulda had something for those 2 :)

Last edited:

Fireman

Great to hear that everyone had such a great time. I will have to make next seasons E race for sure. Too bad more of us bench sitters couldn't have came out to have a go at it with you guys.

Thorsten

E-racing rocks!

Hi all, good to see that the E-race is alive and well. As one of you said earlier, it is the most under-rated race of the year. Would be great to see more teams out there for sure.

Ian, would it be possible to provide some more info on the race? Like who made up the teams, what bikes they were on, and number of laps per team?

I didn't get out to Stratotech much this year, but it looks like season 10 (yeah!) was another great success!

Now it's time to mend all breaks and bruises on riders and machines, and think about next year...

Cheers,
Thorsten

ian

#16 Orange Crush - Pete de Graaf, Ian Wall - GSXR1000 - Dunlop - 227 laps

#2 The French Connection - Chris Walker, Maxim Ducap, Clint Mcbain - R6 - Pirelli - 221 laps

#55 Gridline - Kent Reeves, Lyle Cote, Pierre Paul Bugeaud - CBR600RR - Bridgestone - 216 laps

#71 The Hansen Brothers - Steve Robertson, Matt Norton , Roger Fetaz - SV650 - Michelin - 212 laps

#110 Still Green Racing - Emil Peev, Steve Molinelli - GSXR750 - Pirelli -192 laps

The race really was a blast, I was worried about riding the big bike for a long time but it turned out to be really easy, I only changed gears once a lap!

Last edited:

fonzy

#2 The French Connection - Chris Walker, Maxim Ducap, Clint Mcbain - R6 - Pirelli - 221 laps

#55 Gridline - Kent Reeves, Lyle Cote, Pierre Paul Bugead - CBR600RR - Bridgestone - 216 laps

#71 The Hansen Brothers - Steve Robertson, Matt Norton , Roger Fetaz - SV650 - Michelin - 212 laps

#110 Still Green Racing - Emil Peev, Steve Molinelli - CBR600RR - Pirelli -192 laps

The race really was a blast, I was worried about riding the big bike for a long time but it turned out to be really easy, I only changed gears once a lap!

ian our bike was gsxr750

Thorsten

Thanks Ian!

Yes, when we did the e-race a few years ago with the TL1000S, it was 2nd gear all around, except briefly into 3rd on the back stretch. As they say, nothing replaces displacement! Of course the S was a pig compared to everything else out there, but what the heck, what we lacked in handling we made up for in sound!!! :cool:

Steve, it's so great to see that you got the original Hanson Brothers team together! Now I'm kicking myself that I didn't come out, I would have loved to see Roger and Matt! And you too of course! :D

Cheers,
Thorsten

racer51

#55 Gridline - Kent Reeves, Lyle Cote, Pierre Paul Bugeaud - CBR600RR - Bridgestone - 216 laps

#110 Still Green Racing - Emil Peev, Steve Molinelli - GSXR750 - Pirelli -192 laps

DOH!... I could have come out and beaten Ian and Pete! If their motorcycle blew up...

sv-racing-parts

Endurance Race 2010

:) Congratulations to all the Endurance Race 2010 participants, Great race and lots of laps for everyone,

I had hoped and planned that Aaron Cluff and I would return again this year with the SV Racing Parts, SV650 but unfortunately bike couldn't be repaired fast enough after it was crashed in August out in Mission,

Next year for sure, it is always a fun day,

I looked in the rear view mirror as we headed west into the rain and saw blue sky, behind me, Glad you all got the good weather to race in, I was wishing I could have stayed,

See you all at the banquet,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair