Fork rebuild

Limbo

I have some issues with 'stiction' on my 600RR, what generally is required to repair or rebuild the forks? Can anyone recomend a good shop or person to work on them?

Thanks

jetfixer15

The Honda factory manual for your 600RR details how to rebuild your forks. At a minimum you will need fork seals and fork oil. Many forks require some special tools to completely disassemble them so be aware of that. If you have decent mechanical skills it's not hard at all. RMR Suspension does good work on forks (they do mine) for race bikes. Many of the Edmonton area shops should be able to do basic fork servicing too.

oldskool

If you are on ESR (edmontonsportbikeriderz.com) contact Popik. Nick will be able to sort you out and chances are Chris at Vicious may farm it out to him anyway (I hear he doesn't like doing it to much, me neither, I have all the tools but it's a messy time consuming job and I will only service my own).

racer51

Best in town

I've used many different motorcycle shops in Edmonton. None have done better work than Chris and his team at Vicious! Chris treats his racing buddies like GOLD and works on your bike like it's his own...and he's going for the victory.

You simply won't find a better deal on any service work ANYWHERE in Edmonton. They have access to all the parts suppliers and are fast and efficient. I honestly think he "under-bills" for the excellent work he does.

And honestly...who wouldn't like dealing with Tasha on the parts counter!!!

Planepower

Vicious Cycle all the way - I now have done 3 sets of forks (haven't disassembled USD forks) but due to the hassle and mess, plus special holding fixtures and destroying a fork seal in the process; bring it in to a professional.

oldskool

Whoa, just seen this now.. I dont farm anything out (besides paint), especially not forkseals. anyone can tell you that especially Nick. Please dont say things that you just HEAR about..

Chris 780-496-9859 or 780-240-1027

My apologies Chris, my info was obviously 2nd or 3rd hand, so to speak, sorry I failed to confirm this before suggesting it.