In Search Of....

JRose

Searching for a few parts for a 2004 R6
- Stock front fork springs
- Keyless gas cap
- Normally open tether switch
- Rider seat (Looking for a spare to make a custom)

If you have any of these items laying around for a fair price please let me know :)
Thank you

JRose

I kind of new it wasn't required but I'd like the tether as a backup to the kill switch as I am planning on eliminating the ignition.
I'm looking for the stock seat to have modified as my tail section isn't solid for the foam pad to adhere to.

DEFBOY35

I'm curious as to how the tether set up would be as you move around a lot on the bike road racing as opposed to being in a tuck straight line on the drag strip.
I'd hate for an incident to occur because a tether popped out mid corner etc.

blam

Administrator
I am planning on eliminating the ignition.
many riders have eliminated the ignition and replaced it with a simple button or toggle. some wire it to the kill switch as well. I have to agree with Shane on the safety aspect of having your bike on a tether with the amount of moving we do. in the case of a mild tank slapper you might shut off power to your engine and end up going over the bars vs saving it.

JRose

Snowmobile racers move around a ton and the only time their tethers detach is when they fall off....... Being a beginner I don't think I'll move around as much as on a bike but I'm thinking I'd probably mount it close to my throttle hand, as there is no need for that hand to be to far off the bike when I'm riding....

JRose

My bike currently has the toggle but I am looking to install a backup plan for if I fall off.

adamb

I'm 99% sure I have a seat, it's in storage though. That is if you're still looking for an oem seat.

I'll take a look within the next week or so to see if I still have it.

JRose

I'm 99% sure I have a seat, it's in storage though. That is if you're still looking for an oem seat.

I'll take a look within the next week or so to see if I still have it.

I am still looking for the seat, shoot me a message when you dig it out and we can go from there.
Thank you :)

adamb

• My bike currently has the toggle but I am looking to install a backup plan for if I fall off.

Also to toss my hat into this conversation, I'm sure your r6 has a tip sensor. So if you were to become separated I'm sure the bike would shut itself off once the threshold lean angle had been reached.
    The chances are probably pretty slim of the bike continuing on its own course without rider input to keep it upright, opposed to a snowmobile as well.

Not saying this tether is a bad idea I'm just curious as to how it would work, perhaps it would need to be implemented similarly to the air vests that utelize a tether.

Goatse

My bike currently has the toggle but I am looking to install a backup plan for if I fall off.

Your bike will have a tipover sensor that will kill the bike when it falls over.

I agree with a few points above. It seems it would introduce more negatives than it would prevent.

Slim

I have a bnib set of straight rate 0.95 race tech springs for an 03, pretty sure they're the same. Text me, 7809958488