Just booked the 2011 Race School

Just paid for the level 1 Race School :D
l will mail in the required forms tomorrow. One question for now.....more to come.

How do we secure a particular novice racing number?

YZF1000jon

There'll be a thread starting up soon I'm sure. Make sure the # you want isn't already being used. Why not level 2? Starts, suspension, and passing/traffic will be practiced this year too, from what I've been told.

Why not level 2? Starts, suspension, and passing/traffic will be practiced this year too, from what I've been told.

Would love the full three day deal, but another $230ish is just not in the cards right now. I wanted to make sure I had a spot in the level 1, but if there are still openings in a few months for the level 2 we will see. Was thinking maybe next year for the level 2.

twidders

I would definitely scrape together money for the Level 2. You will be glad you did. The race starts for example that you will learn and get to practice in that controlled environment alone will be worth it. In the past, lining up for your first novice race is when you do your first race start. They are not a stellar thing for most people and take a while to master...not that I know, because I have yet to master it. This is something NEW that we are adding to the curriculum this year.

The passing and dealing with traffic is also a valuable skill to learn for safety reasons. Your fellow red racers will be glad that you chose to learn how to pass safely as we all have to go to work on Monday and need to be as safe as we can and manage the risk in this sport appropriately.

And well suspension, that is also important as you probably don't want your bike to be ejecting you unnecessarily.

You won't be disappointed.

Trina
EMRA #28

Cheers, thanks for the input. Sounds like day 2 covers more actual racing situations.

Trina, is there a way to have the EMRA invoice me (via paypal) the discounted balance if I take the day 2 as well, so I still get the combo deal.

(and $230 is peanuts now - you're racing?!)

Racing is an over statement Matt. More like part time, almost racing :D
I also have to save some money for you, want some more pics this year.

yak

Cheers, thanks for the input. Sounds like day 2 covers more actual racing situations.

Trina, is there a way to have the EMRA invoice me (via paypal) the discounted balance if I take the day 2 as well, so I still get the combo deal.

Ryan

There are 2 options: one, you can use the paypal button on the website and I will then refund you the $35 on that transaction; or two, you can send me an message or email with the address that you want invoiced. (Normally I can process the refund the same day.)

Regards,

Todd
EMRA Treasurer

Ryan

There are 2 options: one, you can use the paypal button on the website and I will then refund you the $35 on that transaction; or two, you can send me an message or email with the address that you want invoiced. (Normally I can process the refund the same day.)

Regards,

Todd
EMRA Treasurer

PM sent, cheers.

Is your bike that super sweet TLR?

It's a TLR, super sweet is up for debate though lol. Will try it out for this year of novice racing/track days, have plenty of spare parts and know her inside and out. Not chasing lap times,just want to have some fun on a bike I really enjoy. Will probably be getting an SV650 in the future.

What bike are you building?

sand.man

CRF450R Supermoto :)

Trying to build it so it doesn't explode haha.

I may have seen you at a track day or two in 2009? Unless there's somebody else on a cool looking TLR.